Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

anyone in software engineering?

I'm starting school for the fall tomorrow..

Along with my busiest load of classes I'm taking, I'm taking Software Engineering for the first time. I'm both pysched and nervous! This is what I'm majoring in. I just hope I like it. If I could tell you how many times I have changed my major cuz I wuzn't interested in it as I thought I would be, you would understand why I'm still in college on my 5th year. Although, I have three semesters left.

Anyhoo... I just wondered if there's anyone here in the same place? Or got a background in software engineering. I would like a heads-up. And maybe help when I need em. I don't usually need or ask help from someone. But just in case...

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    I'm a lot younger;

I study Computer Engineering, I will start my 4th year (pre-last) after exactly one month

What courses will you take?

Credits
    I'm taking for this semester...

Physics II w/ lab
    Computer Architecture w/ lab
    Mathematical Foundations of SE
    Software Engineering (SE)

14 lovely hours

Computer Engineering eh? You can get that in BS? I'm looking into that for MA. I didn't know you could get that for BS. That's very interesting. Your senior year... wow! You must have taken a lot of computer courses. I've taken Computer Science I and II, and also Discrete Math for Computing. That's basically all of the computer experiences I have.

What courses have you taken and are taking?

Credits
    Hey Steph, I've been a software engineer since the early 70s.... when we had computers as big as my house that had 256k memory! LOL! Don't know how much help I can be, but you know I'm here for you if you need me. I work for a company right across from the Galleria... IDX Systems. Look for the building next time you drive west on 635 (on the north side just past the tollway). Of course, I work from home full time, but that is my company. My current position is lead software engineer on the National Release Team, meaning I'm responsible for the software upgrades for all of our clients. It's a great field, and there's always new stuff to learn.

Good luck!
    Deep In The Heart Of Texas!
    My Movie Collection

Credits
    Here are all of them. Now these are four years, before entering the Computer Engineering department, you've to pass over an introductory, or better say more general year. The following are only the later 4 years, 6 courses per semester:

First semester: Programming in C, Probability Theory, Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering (1), Modern Physics, Computer & Societey (1) and Maths (1). Second semester: Digital Computer Fundamentals, Introduction to Statistical Methods, Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering (2), Computer & Society (2), Mathematics (2) and Applied Mechanics.

Third semester: Computer Applications, Data Structures (1), Digital Systems (1), Electrical Circuits, Engineering & Managerial Economy, Mathematics (3). Fourth semester: Digital Systems (2), Automatic Control (1), Systems Programming, Discrete Mathematics, Electronics and Legal Aspects of Labor Relations & Contracts.

Fifth semester (I'm going here): Microprocessor Systems, Automatic Control (2), Numerical Analysis, Digital Signal Processing, Data Structures (2), Human - Computer Interaction (1). Sixth semester: Analysis & Design of Algorithms, Digital Electronics, Computer Architecture, Operations Research, Object-Oriented Programming, Human - Computer Interaction (2).

Seventh semester: Communications & Computer Networks, Automatic Control (3), Database Systems, Internet Programming and Technical Writing (1). Last semester: Operating Systems, Performance Evaluation, Compilers, Artificial Intelligence.

Credits
    Wow! I feel so inexperienced now. I didn't start with the computer classes until last fall. That's very impressive!

And that's neat about you, bebbaboo. I didn't know that! That's frickin awesome! I've been to the Galleria numerous of times. Awesome!