Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash

Dateline: Tuesday, August 17, 2004

By: PATRICK SAURIOL
    By: News Editor
    Source: The Hollywood Reporter

The rumors about FREDDY VS. JASON VS. ASH are true. Today's Hollywood Reporter confirms that New Line Cinema has entered discussions with director Sam Raimi, the fellow who helmed the three EVIL DEAD pictures and who owns the copyright to Ash, the sarcastic hero of the DEAD trilogy. If a deal can be reached, Ash will go up against the two horror slasher icons in the sequel to last summer's FREDDY VS. JASON. In that case, it's expected that Bruce Campbell will strike a deal to play Ash for the fourth time. It's unlikely that Raimi would direct the film; he's got plans to helm SPIDER-MAN 3 (set for release in May 2007), but Raimi would likely take a producing credit on the VERSUS film.

Last seen on-screen in 1993's ARMY OF DARKNESS, Campbell's Ash has remained a popular cult hero amongst the horror fandom. The rumors about Ash being added to the fray first popped up at Creature Corner a year ago this month and were then revisited by Fangoria in October 2003.

Reporter adds a new item by stating that if a deal cannot be worked out with Raimi, New Line will still continue to develop FREDDY VS. JASON 2, possibly by introducing a new antagonist for the two killers to face off against.
    How does Ash figure into this?

are they going to get caught trying to shoplift something at Shop (S)Mart.

i don't know i'm going to have to wait and reserve judgement until i hear story news.

Credits
    I'm ready. I'm ready. I'm ready. I want to see that movie.

And I bet Ash vacations in a cabin at Jason's camp and dreams about Freddy.

Not a huge Freddy or Jason fan, but I want to see them go up against Ash. I like him. He is cool.

Of course, I still would like to see the Ghostbusters thrown into the mix somehow.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Well, if Jason was risen from hell, why not a bunch of Zombies? Then Ash can chop them up with his chainsaw whilst battling Freddy and Jason with his Boomstick! Could be fun (even tho for me Freddy vs Jason was the worst movie of all time!)
    "They took the sky, but we're still flyin..."

Movieman's DVDanswers.com Review Page

Credits
    This is old news from my stand point and had heard that the idea to bring Ash in to the second film was trashed. the way I heard it went was they were thinking of bring in Michael Myers but were iffy on that idea then they decided to do the Ash thing but trashed that and now they are back looking at bring in Michael Myers again... that is how I heard it

Credits
    Ash would definitely be a schweet addition, but something tells me that Sam Raimi does not want to return to the old days of Evil Dead since he's doing perfectly fine with the Spidey franchise. Plus, he might not want to see Ash butchered by the Freddy vs. Jason franchise... where many people feel it's one of the worst films of all time, just like Movieman.
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits

Freddy Vs Jason (Vs Ash?)

Is there anybody out there completely torn in half by the Freddy Versus Jason Versus Ash news?

On one hand, it's been eleven years since we have seen Ash in action. Who would have thought that Bruce Campbell's character from the first Evil Dead would grow and evolve to become the character he was in Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn and Army Of Darkness - easily becoming my most quotable character. How good would it be to see him back in cinema's (for us in the UK) or theatres (for those in the US)?

On the OTHER hand, this film wouldn't be written and directed by Sam Raimi, so would it still be the Ash we all know and love? How much input did Bruce Campbell have over the character of Ash - and would a Raimi-less screen version of Ash be a flimsy facsmilie of the Evil Dead's Ash?

God, it's a tough one. I wnat to see Ash on screen again but... is it better to remember him - as written by Raimi in the third part of the ED trilogy - or do we wnat to see him again so much, we will accept in inferior version of him in a much inferior film?

Credits
    I thought you meant Ash from Alien.

lol

Credits
    I dont care if the movie looks like crap, or even if the story sounds like crap, im still going to watch it. then make my decision. there will prob be a couple riots if ash dies or something.

Credits

Ash vs. Freddy vs. JASON

WTF!!!!

Ash hasnt been on screen for around eleven years, which was when Army of Darkness came out. Bruce Campbell is not a young guy anymore! If Bruce participated in this movie, he would struggle like a motha f*cka.

My favorite @ss kicker is Jason anyway. Jason and Freddy would Beat the Living **** out of ASH! Ash is human. Freddy and Jason are immortal in their movies. Jason would turn Ash into his own personal CONCUBINE. Since Ash is getting to be an older man, Freddy could just scare the sh!t out of him (through a dream), and give Ash a heartattack........which would lead to Ashe's death. Its that simple..........Ash is an appetizer for Freddy and Jason. Ash does make good jokes though

And i heard about Michael Myers getting in this movie. MM was a pansy little bastard who uses a knife, a STEAK KNIFE. For michael myers to be in this movie, Jamie Lee Curtis would have to be in it cuz michael's main objective is to find Jamie and kill her.

Jason Voorhees is the Coolest of all the killing machines, cuz Jason is ORIGINAL in his kills, and he looks BAD@SS with his hockey mask and Machete.
    Zoinks Yo

Credits
    i dont think ash is THAT old...
    Domo~Kun will eat your kittens.
    -------------------------------

Credits

Ash, that cool mofo

yeah, your right. hes around 40 i think, but that is a little old to be doing stunts with Freddy and Jason. Ash does look old though. I saw an interview with Ash in a recent video game of his, Evil Dead: Fistful of Boomstick, and Ash didnt look like he was maintaining his health very well.

Still, Ash needs to stay on the sidelines during this movie.

Credits
    definately, thats what wil be probably happen if there IS a sequel, hell have some 'guest appearance' thing where hes not a main character, but hell probably play a role...

Credits
    worse yet, they myt even plan on gettin a young lookalike, now theres a scary thought!!

Credits
    omg that would SUCK.

theres no such worse fate to a movie when they have to use LOOK-A-LIKES in the sequels... ill post when i think of some examples, but there arent really any good movies when the star has to be played by someone else because they couldnt get the same original star\stars...

Credits
    WoaW Easy Tiger... it was only a possibility ...... a very unlikely possibility, cuz if studio did do that.. every1 wud react jus like u did there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast