Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Re: Unauthorized Use of DreamWorks SKG Properties

Read the attachment below. I believe its real (so i've been told).
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 11-14-2007 at 07:33 AM.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    These guys are morons.
    Sweden or not... they are violating International Copyright Laws.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn'thrak
    Read the attachment below. I believe its real (so i've been told).
    Well, I don't think so. I doubt a member of a company owned by Steven Spielberg (or for that matter, owned by anybody) would write this:
    It is the opinion of us and our lawyers that you are f***ing morons, and that you should please go s***mize yourself with retractable batons.
    Please also note that your e-mail and letter will be published in full on
    http://www.thepiratebay.org.
    Go f*** yourself.
    Polite as usual,
    anakata
    As well as the reason above:
    B) It takes a threatening tone.
    C) Advertises a site (which my guess is that's where this came from)
    D) It's obviously a joke.
    Now I must post this at snopes.com....

Credits
    interesting.

Here's the original letter, scanned.
    http://static.thepiratebay.org/dreamworks/

Credits
    See, obviously someone annoyed at fact he gonna have to remove Shrek stuff from his web space.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by I Got Trailers
    See, obviously someone annoyed at fact he gonna have to remove Shrek stuff from his web space.
    And I'm annoyed at the fact that someone made a hasty comment above and now it makes him look totally stupid and uninformed.

As for the letter, serves the Piracy Bay right: Dreamworks has all the rights to sue their a**.

Now it makes me sounding like I'm working for Dreamworks (I wish!)... But my point of argument is that as of today, Shrek 2 the actual film is not available on the digital format (sales rental etc). So the file must be created/obatined illegally. I know BitTorrent itself should not be (made) illgeal, still Dreamworks can argue on the basis of assisting/encouraging video priacy.

But of course, Dreamworks are idiots as they are moronic enough to release a bonus-disc on the fullscreen-only box sets. No wonder everyone has to DL the movie illegally.
    Last edited by editman; 08-27-2004 at 03:57 PM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    They arent breaking any laws. Its a BitTorret site, and as such they do not provide any illegal material on their site. They only help ppl transfer files to eachother. All they actually have is the torret files (telling the users comp how to connect to the tracker) and the tracker which keeps track of who has downloaded what.
    That is not in violation of international copyright laws.
    I know that in america they have gone after sites and progs like Napster, which had the same basic function (help ppl download from eachother.) But in Sweden providing sites or progs like that is NOT illegal. The ppl downloading and sharing is the ones thats doing the illegal part, not the guys having the site.

That being said, i have to add that these guys do seem to be a**holes. Publishing the letter and their response dosent do any good except to make themself look like idiots.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    Napster is different, because it stored the files in a central server. So they actually were storing, and distributing, illegal material. Furthermore, the content has been store in its plain, raw, unencrypted form, so their actions were illegal.

I don't find the guys at thePirateBay.org a**holes. On the contrary, their publishing of the letter, if it is actually authentic, is just to show how stupid DreamWorks' lawyers are. Something for fun.

Credits
    i never heard of the site.. but now i have i would love to see the dreamworks response to their response

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}