Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Fan-made)

Hey guys,

This weeks update on FMT has a grand teaser trailer done by our very own Guiboche of the ML forum! Be sure to check this one out, and I'm sure Guiboche wouldn't mind some feedback to boot!

Resident Evil: Apocalypse Teaser Trailer

This teaser trailer, IMO, is outstanding. The After Effects work really sets you in the mood for this next installment of the RE series, and Guiboche gets the job done without the use of footage. Definetely one to check out!

--Dan :big grin:

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Thumbs up

GRRR, TOO SHORT ! ... hehehe, just joking, ... NICE!

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    ehhh too short and what was that? ...

is it a CGI demo by Guiboche? :big grin:
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Hehe, I've been beaten by Dan in posting this trailer in here But that's a good thing though.

And at least it seems people want more. (and I guess that's a good thing

And no, that ain't no demo

Credits
    Originally posted by Guiboche
    And at least it seems people want more. (and I guess that's a good thing
    Well, that in effect, just goes to show you that your teaser did it's job! And did it well, I might add...

--Dan

Credits
    i have to say that was really amazing......that was a really good fan made teaser......i wouldnt b suprised if the official teaser goes along the same lines..........that was real nice.....5 thumbs up....

Credits
    Originally posted by aS!Dz
    5 thumbs up....
    Errm.....looks like we have another Extraoridinary Gentleman to add to the "League"!

--Dan
    Last edited by RoboDan; 05-06-2003 at 03:16 PM.

Credits
    Originally posted by RoboDan
    Errm.....looks like we have another extraoridinary gentelman to add to the "League"!

--Dan

hahhhahahah......u nutter......lol
    u let my secret out in the open

Credits
    It was good, kinda reminded me of the Undead trailer (for those of you who don't know of Undead, click here .)

The one thing that really bothered me was the incorrect grammar at the end "The Dead Walks."

It was what gave it away that it was a fan trailer.

Much better than I can do right now, by the way.

Without that one detail, the teaser is professional quality!
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    I think it can be debated though if it's "Walk" or "Walks" (but then again, english wasn't a strong subject of mine, so I could be wrong

I thought about whether it would be "Walk" or "Walks" and I tried both. The reason I went with "Walks" was because of the way it sounded and the way it tied in "Summer 2004."

"The Dead Walk" isn't as......immediate as "The Dead Walks." When you say "The Dead Walk" it sounds more descriptive. It makes it sould like "The dead can walk" but who cares if they can. Where as "The Dead Walks" means "They are" or "They're doing it right now." The dead is IN FACT walking.

Also, "The Dead Walks" leads into "Summer 2004" or "They will walk in summer 2004."

But what also confuses things is because "Dead" is plural without an "S." Like how we don't say "Foots" or "Feets" but "Foot" and "Feet" is more then one. It's not "I have 2 feets" but "I have 2 feet."

But then there is "He is dead" and "They are dead" where dead is both singular and plural

So if you look at how "Walks" in a certain context it could be correct. But then again, to descript a person walking fast, you say "He walks really fast" and a group of people "they walk fast" is where the context could be wrong.

What really throws everything out of place is the word "Dead". There is no "Deads" but just "Dead" which us used to describe everything that is dead, whether 1 person or 2 people, or a million people. They are "Dead."

Hehe, but I can't even spell properly, so I can't say my way of looking at it is all that credible

Glad you all liked the trailer though :-D

Credits
    I think it can be debated though if it's "Walk" or "Walks" (but then again, english wasn't a strong subject of mine, so I could be wrong

I thought about whether it would be "Walk" or "Walks" and I tried both. The reason I went with "Walks" was because of the way it sounded and the way it tied in "Summer 2004."

"The Dead Walk" isn't as......immediate as "The Dead Walks." When you say "The Dead Walk" it sounds more descriptive. It makes it sould like "The dead can walk" but who cares if they can. Where as "The Dead Walks" means "They are" or "They're doing it right now." The dead is IN FACT walking.

Also, "The Dead Walks" leads into "Summer 2004" or "They will walk in summer 2004."

But what also confuses things is because "Dead" is plural without an "S." Like how we don't say "Foots" or "Feets" but "Foot" and "Feet" is more then one. It's not "I have 2 feets" but "I have 2 feet."

But then there is "He is dead" and "They are dead" where dead is both singular and plural

So if you look at how "Walks" in a certain context it could be correct. But then again, to descript a person walking fast, you say "He walks really fast" and a group of people "they walk fast" is where the context could be wrong.

What really throws everything out of place is the word "Dead". There is no "Deads" but just "Dead" which us used to describe everything that is dead, whether 1 person or 2 people, or a million people. They are "Dead."

Hehe, but I can't even spell properly, so I can't say my way of looking at it is all that credible

Cool 3D work though.

Credits

I understand that you think that it sounds better, but if you take the word "dead" to be either singular or plural, then the verb "to walk" becomes "walks" for singular and only "walk" for plural.

I understand your plight, though - English is one messed up language!

Credits
    Originally posted by WorkShed
    I understand your plight, though - English is one messed up language!
    Hehe, it sure is screwed up big time. You might say that I even have creative merit over the words (but my name isn't J.J. Toiken, and I don't think I have that right.....yet

What also is screwed up is how words that are not even words are added to the dictionary everyday. Such as "ain't" which "ain't" a word, but it's in the dictionary now

Credits
    Yeah, I heard they want to add "Shutup" to the English Oxford Dictionary soon...better watch out!!!!

--Dan

Credits
    Worse yet, I've heard rumors of the term "bling bling" having future plans of being added.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast