Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Talking "Spaceballs II - The Search For More Money"...CURRENTLY BEING WRITTEN BY MEL BROOKS!

According to Harry Knowles' website Ain'titcool.com, it says that Mel is currently writing the script to the VERY long-awaited sequel to the original spoof "Spaceballs - The Movie" in 1986.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=18513

I absolutely loved this movie and I hope it happens...but they have a major problem - Will they replace Barf with a new character as John Candy passed away in 1994. I hope the other actors reunite. Mel Brooks has said he wants to get back into his "Yogurt" gear once again. Bill "Lone Star" Pullman is still going and Rick "Lord Dark Helmet" Moranis is in the movie industry still...but what happened to Daphne "Princess Vespa" Zuniga? I had a huge crush on her when I saw this, I wonder if this sequel will happen...

Love to hear fans' feedback! Write back soon!
    Mike.

PS - May The Schwarz Be With You!!!!!!

Credits
    could be pretty cool...missing cast members isn't that important...Lucas was able to make tons of money with I-III and he only has Frank Oz, Anthony Daniels, and a small handful of others to create continuity between the sagas...not having many returning cast members could actually be spun in such a way to make the movie even funnier.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    I'd like a Spaceballs 2 but...

1/Mel hasn't been funny in years and
    2/Is this news only from AIC or is there confirmation from a reliable scource?

Credits
    If this is true i hope it will not suck.....then the title has to be changed to spaceballs II - Another Sequel that sucks

Credits
    I'm for it. I absolutely loved Spaceballs and Robin Hood: Men in Tights. I think it will be a kick. I know for sure that it wouldn't be as good as the first. Spaceballs is the classic. But it would be great to see something different in the same level of comedy with some of the same actors.

I say, go for it, Mel!
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."