Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Talking Scifiwire Movie News (10/13/2004) - Raimi talks Spidey 3, Spidey 2.5 DVD

Scifiwire Movie News - 10/13/2004

Raimi talks Spidey 3
    Raimi talks Spidey 2.5 DVD
    ------------------------------
    Raimi talks Spidey 3

Sam Raimi, who directed the first two Spider-Man films, told SCI FI Wire that he is working on ideas for the upcoming third film in the franchise, but hasn't decided yet on a villain. "We're starting by determining what Peter Parker's journey is as a human being," Raimi said in an interview. "What deficits does he have? Where was he at the end of the last film, and what is it that he still has to learn? How will this relationship with the woman he loves evolve from this point forward, and what will be their new obstacles? Will it come from outside sources, or will it be something from within that destroys their love? These are the questions we're asking. And when we've got them figured out, when we know what they want and where they're headed and what it is they have to learn, ... we'll try and find the villain that best represents those conflicts."

Raimi said that he has enough ideas for additional Spider-Man films beyond an expected third movie, but that he suspects the sudio might prefer to end the series as a trilogy. "I'd love to make more," he said. "I never asked [Sony motion picture chairman Amy Pascal], but I have the feeling that she just wants this one to be the final one. She's very emotionally attached to them and wants us to have a sense of completion to it for the audience and feels that that's what the audience wants, that they don't want to see a Spider-Man 4, that they probably would like to see a Spider-Man 3, but not really any more. So she wants to make it complete and final, without setting up new things at the end."

As he did for the last two films, Raimi said he intends to bring on writers such as Alvin Sargent and Michael Chabon to turn his ideas into a complete script when his outline is finished. Though the date is not yet fixed, Raimi estimated that Spider-Man 3 will begin filming in January 2006. "I know it seems like a long way away," he said. "But not for me."
    -------------------------
    Raimi talks Spidey 2.5 DVD

Sam Raimi, who directed Spider-Man 2, told SCI FI Wire that he is adding all-new scenes to the film for the upcoming Spider-Man 2.5 special-edition DVD. "I'm kind of completing scenes that I didn't have the money to complete when we did the movie," Raimi said in an interview. "I mean, the movie really was the best I could make it. It's not like I think I could make it better. But I said, 'OK, well, if you want to spend money and really give the kids a few more action scenes, OK, that's fine.' It's the kids' choice if they want to spend that money. And then I think it's fair."

The new version will include extended action scenes and computer animation created specifically for the DVD release. Though most of the changes amount to only a few seconds of screen time, Raimi said that they involve a significant amount of planning on his part. "It may not seem like a lot to you, but it's a lot to me," he said. "There's like six seconds new of the train. There's going to be like eight seconds new of some water fight you never saw. There's like 12 seconds new on the Bugle building. For me, though, 12 seconds is six shots that all have to be figured out, and within that two seconds, the amount of animation of each of those tentacles and how Spidey's going to move. It's very complicated for me."

Though he's enthusiastic about the new material, Raimi admitted that the studio's decision to release two versions was mainly financially motivated. "It's just a financial decision by the studio," he said. "They know the people who like the second movie would want to own it as it is on DVD. And then it's just a gamble. 'Oh, if we spend another $4 million can we make another $10 million?' I think that's how it works with them. I'm assuming that's what it is." Raimi's work on the new cut will be finished at the beginning of next year. The theatrical version of Spider-Man 2 will be released on DVD Nov. 30.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    Argh, Raimi gets the Lucas disease. The film was good as it was!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by I Got Trailers
    Argh, Raimi gets the Lucas disease. The film was good as it was!
    well i guess it aint as bad as lucas stuff.. as raimi only wants to add extra scenes and not replace scenes. so guess im all up for more scenes