Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Unhappy Scifiwire Movie News (10/25/2004) -- Xmen 3 Director news

Scifiwire Movie News (10/25/2004) -

Joss Whedon will not direct X-men 3

(Note from Granite: )

Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon told fans at a John Kerry fund-raising event in Los Angeles Oct. 24 that he won't be writing or directing the third X-Men movie, despite persistent rumors to the contrary. "I did promise I would say whether or not I'm going to be directing the third X-Men movie, and the answer is, I'm sorry to say, no," Whedon told fans gather for a "High Stakes 2004" event in Hollywood. "Quite frankly, I thought about it for a long time, I looked into my heart, and I realized that Fox didn't ask me to," he added, with tongue in cheek.

Whedon was one of several Buffy-related guests who appeared at the fan event, organized to raise money for the Kerry presidential campaign, which drew more than 250 fans who paid a minimum of $50 each to attend. Whedon was joined by Buffy and Angel cast members Alyson Hannigan; her real-life husband, Alexis Denisof; Nicholas Brendon; Danny Strong; Adam Busch; Amber Benson; Amy Acker and J. August Richards and Firefly star Nathan Fillion, who also stars in Whedon's upcoming Firefly movie, Serenity. Whedon also spoke via conference call to 41 other similarly themed fan parties across the country, from Alaska to Washington state to New York.

With regard to the X-Men projects, Whedon added, "Ultimately, the fact that I'm writing the X-Men every month in the Astonishing X-Men [Marvel comic] and that I have the best artists in comic books working with me is getting my 'X' fix on just fine. I'm writing a screenplay of my own right now, and it'll be nice to work on something that wasn't created by me or anybody else many years ago."
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    i swear. FOX and Whedon are mortal enemies. FireFly, Alien4 and now X-Men...
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 10-25-2004 at 09:36 PM.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn'thrak
    i swear. FOX and Whedon are moral enemies. FireFly, Alien4 and now X-Men...
    What happened between FOX and Whedon on Alien 4?
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    his script was reject by FOX. And it was a better script too.

Credits
    Well, not to say that Joss Whedon isn't talented (Because he damn well is), but I really don't think he could do a better job then Bryan Singer at directing an X-Men movie.

I do hope Singer returns to direct the third movie, though.

Credits
    Singer is a definite no. He is wrapped up in Superman, and with the release date of x3 set for 2006 (last I checked), I don't think it'll happen. Its an added bummer. Singer would've been great!