Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Toy Story 3 in development

Source: CNN.com

Walt Disney Studios is actively proceeding with a second sequel to Pixar Animation's "Toy Story" franchise, a move that could make it more difficult for the two companies to extend their rocky relationship.

Disney is in the process of setting up a digital animation facility in Glendale -- not far from the digs of its bitter rival DreamWorks Animation -- that will be used for the production of "Toy Story 3."

While Disney has the rights to do sequels to "Toy Story," it has held off from doing so in the past, in part in deference to Pixar CEO Steve Jobs and executive VP John Lasseter, both of whom haven't wanted to lose control of the characters.

But with Pixar announcing earlier this year that it would end its distribution relationship with Disney following the 2005 release of the Lasseter-directed "Cars," Disney CEO Michael Eisner and studio head Dick Cook have signaled their determination to bring Woody, Buzz Lightyear and the gang back to the big screen.

The project falls under the aegis of David Stainton, president of Walt Disney Feature Animation. Andrew Millstein, who headed the company's now-shuttered animation facility in Orlando, also is involved and has begun the process of recruiting animation heavyweights from rival animation studios and effects shops.

Neither Disney nor Pixar would comment
    Something caught my attention:

Pixar announcing earlier this year that it would end its distribution relationship with Disney following the 2005 release of the Lasseter-directed "Cars," - maybe Pixar will start doing some mature (i.e. only for people above the age of 13) CGI?
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    I can't believe Eisner is doing this. Apparently, Jobs hasn't made a deal with any studio because he still wants to continue with Disney...he just doesn't want to continue with an Eisner-led Disney. With Eisner stepping down this summer, rumor had it that Jobs was going to start up talks again with the new Disney leaders...who knows how that will go now that Disney has begun the bastardization of Pixar's characters (which they have every right to do).

Finally, Granite, Jobs and Lasseter have given no indication of a change of direction at Pixar. They are following Walt Disney's theory of entertainment, that is, making movies that the entire family would love. I would be surprised if they deviated from that path...especially since Eisner led Disney studios from that path and it has hurt the studio's quality and reputation.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    Itīs kind of interesting! I donīt think Pixar and Disney will continue together after 2005 - everyone will go its own way! But as many people know, Disney has made some bad cheap sequels - so I hope this one will be great. But itīs only a question of pation, weīll see if Disney can stand with the quality of Pixar

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by enkydu
    Finally, Granite, Jobs and Lasseter have given no indication of a change of direction at Pixar. They are following Walt Disney's theory of entertainment, that is, making movies that the entire family would love. I would be surprised if they deviated from that path...especially since Eisner led Disney studios from that path and it has hurt the studio's quality and reputation.
    Let me note that Finding Nemo is in my top 5 favorite movies. I think pixar makes some of the best movies currently out there. However, I still think it would be interesting to see them do a PG-13 (US Rating - Parental Guidence for kids under 13) movie.

Credits
    should have seen this coming as soon as Pixar announced they were looking elsewhere...

disney is all about remakes....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Toy Story 3, will most likely flop. People will see it out of curiosity, but it won't have that nice Pixar feel to it.

Credits
    How can you say something like that? I mean, sure, Disney has made a lot of **** sequels, but you canīt say this when thereīs acqtually not a single frame from the movie generated. On the other hand, thereīs the plot - we donīt know what we gonna see, so donīt talk too much, itīs still too early

Credits
    i said it will most likely flop, although when a trailer comes out, a better prediction will be made.

Credits
    I dont, I mean, come on, even if those millions of toy tory fans and the few other million people do go to c it out of curiosity, it wouldnt flop, I think it would be a good wee film and u can never write off Disney
    In the year of our Lord 1314
    patriots of Scotland
    starving and outnumbered
    charged the fields at Bannockburn
    They fought like warrior poets
    They fought like Scotsmen
    And won their freedom

Credits
    Disney may be a huge name, but Pixar have been it's only success in animation since 1998.

Credits
    so, im sayin all the fans and curious folks, even with all them, it will still make big $$$$ on opening weekend, and whose to say it is concrete that the film is going ahead

Credits
    The higher powers at Disney have confirmed that it is happening, and when I went to Disney in Florida this year, they had already started the planning stages and getting the computer software set up.

Credits
    Well we will c, I myself am still extremely positive that it will make loads of cash, maybe not as much as the first two but probably still a substantial amount

Credits
    It will make cash, but the entertainment value is still uncertain in my books.

Credits
    yeah but it can only really be a flop in my eyes if it makes very little profit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast