Thanks Thanks:  0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

Metal Gear: The Movie?

A Completely Untrustworthy METAL GEAR SOLID Rumor!!
    Hi, everyone. "Moriarty" here with some Rumblings From The Lab...
    This is crazy talk, pure and simple. I just got in from an afternoon outing, and I found this in my e-mail box:
    I just got an exciting lead from a bearded man in glasses on the television. He said that Ryuhei Kitamura is going to be directing the adaptation of the Metal Gear Solid series of games. This is a hot scoop and I am proud to be delivering it to you guys before anyone else has heard about it.

Punch

I just met Ryuhei Kitamura last night, and Hideo Kojima was standing a foot away. I’m sure if something like this were even a possibility, I would have heard about it at the time. I mean, sure, Kitamura directed some of the cut scene video material for one of the MGS games, but that doesn’t mean anything. And, sure, Kitamura is moving to the US now that he's finished GODZILLA FINAL WARS and plans to start working on big studio pictures. And, yeah, I'll bet several studios would love to make a METAL GEAR SOLID film, especially one that allowed Kojima to stay onboard as a creative consultant. But again... that doesn't mean it's happening... does it?
    My advice, Punch, is not to believe bearded men on your television. For now, let’s just call this one an interesting rumor.

[01/12/04 17:17]
    Is Snake set to lurk in the celluloid shadows? Hollywood seems to think so as Hideo talks Solid cinema

For years rumours of a Metal Gear movie have swept forward only to recede time and again. Much like Jimmy White's hairline. On numerous occasions Hollywood has seemed entranced by Snake's mulleted antics but each time Kojima has held back from parting with the rights to his gruff creation. But now a whole new (demi) wave of gossip has spouted forth - centring mainly around MGS mastermind Hideo himself.

The rumour started following Kojima's recent interview with silver screen bible Variety, which hinted that the Konami man had spent some time thinking about how to convert his clone-world to the cinema screen. Now those gossip-mongers from Ain't It Cool News have claimed that not only is the series set to transfer from PS2 and Xbox to your local cineplex but that a director has already been signed up.

According to the website, Ryuhei Kitamura is the jump-cutting Japanese executive who will be put in charge of the project, once he has finished work on his latest movie, Versus 2. While the chap is virtually unknown over here, his name has been associated with Kojima before, as the pair worked together on Metal Gear Solid 2's motion capture. But the event that seems to have sparked the latest interest from those scandal-driven servers has come from Kojima attending the LA premier of Godzilla: Final Wars, Kitamura's most recent opus.

So what you make of the story depends on if you feel cynical or hopeful. Either it's an exercise in adding two and two, or the story of a man who meets a mate of his for a drink after work. Either way, we'll bring you more news on Hideo's fascinating social life - or the MGS movie - as soon as we get it
    from www.gamesradar.co.uk
    Last edited by aS!Dz; 12-01-2004 at 01:57 PM.