Thanks Thanks:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

Windows XP Task Manager Problem

I have a problem, every time i click control+alt+del instead of getting the whole task manager it only opens a small window with the network adapter performance.

I've tried making it bigger but it's no use, and when I pop the menu over the task manager icon the only options are close and always on top.

I also noticed that apparently is a user only problem, because when I open the Safe Mode as Administrator it opens fine, is only when I run regular mode that this problem happens.

I need to fix this, does anybody know about this problem, or can tell me where to go to re-install the Windows Task Manager please.

Thanks

P.S. It's XP Proffessional, and mine is an Administrative Account... it was kind of out of the blue thou... isn't there a way to unistall it and then re-install it?
    Last edited by J320; 12-05-2004 at 06:13 AM.
    snootch to the noonch!

Credits
    Thread Moved

This problem just happened out of the blue or it always has happened after an install?

More sounds like your account has been denied certain privileges. Check if your account In Control Panel that if you have full access. I've heard of viruses that force accounts out of admin rights.

Home or Professional?
    Home has alot of problems and this could be related.

Trying looking if this problem has come up at Microsoft.com and google the problem and solution.

when I pop the menu over the task manager icon the only options are close and always on top.

Thats normal. It always says that.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Next time you are in Task Manager, you might try hitting Ctrl-Tab to see if you can switch from Networking to one of the other tabs that are normally located in Task Manager. Other than that, I'm not sure. I have never heard of re-installing Task Manager.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    fdisk -> format -> reinstall .... (just kiddnig)

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits

Resolution to Task Manager Problem

This happened to me as well. The following article from Microsoft will solve this problem easily.

TASK MANAGER FIX