Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Magneto Spin-Off Movie On It's Way!

According to Variety Twentieth Century Fox has set Sheldon Turner to draft "Magneto," an action-thriller based on the villainous character played in the first two "X-Men" films by Ian McKellen. Project reps the second extension of the studio's "X-Men" comicbook franchise. Move follows a Fox deal with "Troy" scribe David Benioff to write "Wolverine," a pic about the gruff mutant with the steel claws, played in the films by Hugh JackmanHugh.

Turner said he wasn't a comicbook fanatic, but when he was asked to read back issues of the Marvel Comics franchise and see if any character was ripe for its own movie, he sparked to Magneto, a mutant whose power is the ability to manipulate and control metal objects. The original "X-Men" film began with a prologue that showed his character as a child being led to a concentration camp by Nazis, and that is the period in which the Magneto film will take place. This setup will allow a future villain to at least flirt with the designation of protagonist. Since the character will be seen almost exclusively in his formative years, it is not clear whether McKellen will be in the film at all.
    http://www.latinoreview.com/
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Okay um, wasnt the X men movie franchise built around Wolverines character? So why make a movie about his character, itd be a complete repeat. Even if it went into his past, we would just find out about it later in the sequels to X Men.
    The other one I have no problem with.
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    meh, I really don't know what to think. "Wolverine" could be cool, but only if it goes into real depth about the Weapon X program and we see the return of Sabretooth (who actually talks and isn't a dumb animal this time). I really would be interested in "Magneto", but only if it focuses more on what turned him evil and provide something new to his story than what was presented in X-Men 1.
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    to b honest i dont mind the whole Wolverine movie.. as in da comics he did have his own comics aswell to set him away from the rest of the xmen.
    the mention of a storm movie.. ok it was understandable...
    but a spin off on magneto seems rather rediculous as i dont want to see a anti-hero as i dont really wanna feel too much sympathy for his character... i like the way his sinister.. dont really wana change my views on him..