Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Napoleon Dynamite ... huh ?

ok, so i watched the other day Napoleon Dynamite http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374900/ with friends even had some beer, lots of beer ....

and huh ? we did not find it funny at all and even found it to be really boring. I recommended this movie coz i read so much online about it being funny... but this did not click on us. Is this a movie only americans understand as funny ?

so we simply watched Futurama after this... hehehe

mind you, The Big Lebowski and even Girl Next Door are really funny movies that my friends and I reallly enjoyed.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    The big humor I got from this movie is all in the subtleties. Perhaps that doesn't translate. (This isn't a JOKE movie) I really enjoyed it but I could understand why it might not be someone's cup of tea. I found it extremely funny but not for the usual reasons, like I said.

Check out Harold And Kumar Go To White Castle... i'm sure that humor will translate, I found it extremely funny, really surprised me. (Even the DVD menu is hilarious)
    Last edited by Shrubz; 12-23-2004 at 11:09 AM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Strube

Check out Harold And Kumar Go To White Castle... i'm sure that humor will translate, I found it extremely funny, really surprised me. (Even the DVD menu is hilarious)

well yeah, also seen that and its indeed hilarious :-)

Credits
    i didn't find it at all funny either. i thought it wuz frickin weird!! the only part i laughed at wuz the cow thing with the kids watchin and all... just a little laugh

but couldn't wait till the movie end...
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    i was one of the few idiots who found it extremely hilarious... its one of dem chill back n relax movies... where u shudnt reallly go in der expecting to see all out jokes... but yeah i wudnt recommend this movie to most cuz i do kno that its not something every1 wud enjoy.. i guess da target audience was bozo's like me

Credits
    I thought Napoleon Dynamite was hilarous.

Credits
    Yeah I saw it Friday night and although I was really looking forward to it, I really found it OK...certainly not the laugh-fest I was expecting.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."