Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Spoiler-free for Episode 3?

Just noticed that the Ep3 thread has gone over 500 posts. Although I participated during a 2-3 day stint when the poster was released, I have been avoiding viewing the thread because I want to be spoiler free when I walk into the theater this May.

I was greatly disappointed in episode 2...I'm thinking it was due in part to the fact that I read the entire plot prior to seeing the movie and therefore wasn't surprised by anything. Although I have been a die-hard SW fan for over 25 years (I was even playing the role playing game in the early 90s when no one cared about SW anymore), and it goes against every fiber of my being not to make sure I'm as up-to-date as possible on my SW knowledge, I feel I must avoid spoilers.

Although there can be few surprises in Episode 3 (Anakin must become Vader, Padme must become pregnant, Obi-wan becomes "Ben" and goes into exile, etc.) there are a lot of specifics that could surprise me.

Are there any other people out there who are going spoiler free for Episode 3...or am I suffering alone?
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 01-10-2005 at 11:55 AM.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    I'll be spoiler free because I just don't really care about Star Wars. I'll see it of course, but I'm more counting down the days until its finally over, and I won't have to see any more news about it
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    same here :-)

the EP3 thread seems to be really spoiling, well theres a warning and it indeed really spoils the movie...
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Yep, I did the same thing before ep. II. I read a synopsis of the script and found out about Anakin's mom dying and a few other highlights. While it was exciting at the time that I read it, when I saw it happen on the big screen I was definitly let down.

I guess it is the same thing as when you read a good book that becomes a movie, you end up hating the movie for not living up to your expectations. Stephen King fans still hate Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining" for this very reason. I saw the movie first, and I still believe that it is the greatest horror movie ever made.

So as tempting as it may be, I am trying to stay spoiler free for episode III.
    (Sorry for the ryhm.)

Credits
    I right there with you. I want to go in with as little prior knowledge as possible, given all the prior knowledge we already have. You are not suffering alone. Every time I see that thread with "spoilers" ... I have to fight with myself, because I want to know what everyone is talking about .. but don't want to find out anything until seeing it on the big screen. So we are standing in the shadows together!
    Deep In The Heart Of Texas!
    My Movie Collection

Credits
    i am just a little curious...what spoilers are you trying to stay away from ?? i think it is common knowledge what all the outcomes are going to be. to me, there are no surprises with this movie.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    You know what? I reeealy tried at first to keep myself spoiler-free but i was tempted by the dark side i guess. It's ok to start a spoiler-free thread but what will you talk about?? That Anakin will become Darth Vader? We all know that.

The thing that bugs me is what are you expecting to see in EPIII?? For sure there will be many of you that will trash it but i think you are soooo of the track. Ask yourself this... When you were young and the first trilogy came out did you imagine yourself as Luke Skywalker battle ling the evil Darth Vader with Sword made of wood? I know i did. I didn’t care about the script at this time of the special FX; i was in another universe imagining me and my friends rescuing the galaxies from all the stormtroopers. Was the acting good back then? Was the FX extraordinary?? Hell no!!!

I remember when EPI came out in 99 my nephew (who was 10 back then) played Anakin racing is pod racer or he pretended that he was Darth Maul soooo many time in his back yard with is friends or even at Halloween... my good i never saw so many Jango Fett this year or little jedi running around for some candy. My point is Star Wars will never be Lord of the rings for the story of the FX or any of this. Star Wars will always be Star Wars even if EPIII sucks WHO CARES?? You will see kids dress up in Darth Vader this year and you will see many many toys here and there in shopping mall.

Star Wars is for the kid in you if you don't get that you are maybe getting to old or you are not looking at this movie with your kids eyes
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 01-10-2005 at 01:15 PM.

Credits
    Thread Editted & Moved.

Funny thing is, that this thread already contains spoilers. Even mentioned in the starter. Jedi Master, tell yourself this before you post something... Not everyone has seen Star Wars. Most likely have heard of it but haven't seen it. Star Wars is only popular because, it applies to all ages and by word of mouth from person to person.
    But you are right in one thing now but later will be wrong. Star Wars is no LotR. True. But it has the exact same morals and themes still apply. In a few years or decades, LotR will be as popular as Star Wars... including in the marketing business of toys and etc. It won't have the same age but will have the same level of popularity. LotR is quickly becoming the most recognized movies of today's generation. Even the Catholic Church is giving good reviews for it and is glad that finally, this story has been made a movie that everyone can see. Only because it has the themes and valves in it that Christian Catholics believe in. That was in some news article I was reading and quite surprised at the recognition.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    ...anyway... i think your not getting my point

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master
    Was the acting good back then? Was the FX extraordinary?? Hell no!!!
    Hey, the acting was good, at least in "The Empie Strikes Back". And the special effects were amazing - for that time.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Otha Star
    Yep, I did the same thing before ep. II. I read a synopsis of the script and found out about Anakin's mom dying and a few other highlights. While it was exciting at the time that I read it, when I saw it happen on the big screen I was definitly let down.
    That's exactly what happened to me! The plot for EPII was so good I thought the movie couldn't fail. Boy, was I disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bebbaboo
    I right there with you. I want to go in with as little prior knowledge as possible, given all the prior knowledge we already have.
    Thanks, man. It helps knowing I'm not alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by red bear
    what spoilers are you trying to stay away from ?? i think it is common knowledge what all the outcomes are going to be. to me, there are no surprises with this movie.
    Sure we know where it will end, but we don't know the specifics of how it's going to get there. Oh, there can be a lot of surprises. Just from watching the teaser trailer I've seen several new characters that I haven't seen before...I don't want to know what role they play. I don't know what happens to Dooku, for example. After EPII came out I read a couple fan scripts for EPIII. Each had all the components that were required for EPIII (e.g., see spoiler above), but each was very different. Lucas has a lot of room to play around with and I hope he fills it with good surprises.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master
    For sure there will be many of you that will trash it but i think you are soooo of the track. Ask yourself this... When you were young and the first trilogy came out did you imagine yourself as Luke Skywalker battle ling the evil Darth Vader with Sword made of wood? I know i did.
    You are so right. I too was in my backyard fighting stormtroopers back then, and since then I've been trying to help people remember that the impact on our imagination is a large part of what made SW cool. My 9-year-old nephew can't get enough of SW and it's so much fun to watch. Even though a big part of me cringes during much of the dialog in the prequels, watching my nephew reminds me that the reason I love the movies in the first place was because of the imagination it sparked in me as a child. I still think it's ok to criticize the movies' screenplays...but we must remember, Lucas is making movies that are inspired by the classic B-quality serials of a generation gone by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn'thrak
    Funny thing is, that this thread already contains spoilers. Even mentioned in the starter.
    Thanks. Sorry about that. Was thinking those things were common knowledge...should have not been so thoughtless. Thanks.