Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

New Narnia concept art

I like where they are going with this:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/041130a.php

Credits
    My hopes have raised, the artwork looks amazing, and certainly looks like an interesting movie.

Credits
    still, its a few paintings/storyboards of what the opening scenes are gonna look like, in my opinion nothing special, hope they make a good job of what were utterly amazing novels.
    In the year of our Lord 1314
    patriots of Scotland
    starving and outnumbered
    charged the fields at Bannockburn
    They fought like warrior poets
    They fought like Scotsmen
    And won their freedom

Credits
    I haven't read the novels yet although I might buy them in the Xmas sales. When is the movie out?

Paintings and Storyboards still hold out hope, you should be less negative, I wasn't sure about LOTR at first, and then when I saw them, they are one of my favourite movies. Although the Narnia movie/s will probably not hold up next to the Peter Jackson trilogy, it should still be worth a watch.

Credits
    Yeah, but all im saying is, they are storyboards of the first what, 3 minutes of the film, I just cant get excited about paintings of a film, if it were footage on the other hand, id be a bit more excited, but for now im still going to have a very negative opinion on this film

Credits
    All I was saying was that the concept art looks amazing.

Credits
    what it looks like any art from a movie, it looks like any war movie storyboard

Credits
    Which is why it has raised my hopes, as long as the movie is as good as the artwork, i should be happy.

Credits
    it looks pretty basic is what im tryin to say, im not sayin the films will be bad, it just hasnt done anything for me

Credits
    all artwork is basic, it's just a rough outline, of what the movie is could look like when it's finished

Credits
    no iv seen some very competant storyboards, some of the work is awesome, that is very basic stuff

Credits
    Everyone has different opinions, if you could show us those storyboards you have seen...

Credits
    mate, im an artist at college what do u think freakin well learn about 8 hours a day, how to plant f****n roses in the garden, no we do grpahic design, film design, CG, painting, drawing, all kinds of art and design, we do films in history of art and design, i have seen storyboards from saving private ryan, band of brothers, armageddon and they were all at a really competant level

Credits
    um, you two need to go to your respective corners...

I think charisama lover is simply saying that this is giving us a good idea of the direction that they are going with this - and I agree - its pretty cool. Its nice to know that they are not following the cheesy BBC version.

Credits
    yeah, those BBC versions really demonstrated how hard it is to make a good screenplay from that novel.

They can come up the best visual stuff in the world, but if they can't adapt that book into a screenplay that works on film all is for naught.

I'm looking forward to the film...but I'm very worried that they may not be up to the challenge. Peter Jackson had it much easier than Adamson has it with LWW. Jackson had a good BBC radio drama he could steal from. Jackson pretty much just made minor modifications to the BBC's radioplay of LOTR to make his screenplay...Adamson and company are going to have to do a complete overhaul of previous screenplays in order to translate Lewis's work to the screen.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast