Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

One hell of a read.. about TRAILERS!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/28/ma...l?pagewanted=1

It's huge. You have to register, but it is very interesting. It focuses on the Signs trailer. From New York Times. Beware of some spoilers..
    Last edited by Jean-Pierre Bazinet; 07-28-2002 at 11:40 PM.

Credits
    Wow! Great article.
    Everybody read it!

[edited the post above to send people to the correct page]

Credits
    yup good read thanks =)
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    I dont know but when I clicked on page 3, they gave me the whole article in one page, that's why I posted page 3

So that guy is the one who cutted JP's fav teaser I wish they stick to that [Signs] style, and stop making M2B's style trailers.

Credits
    great article! Definitely agree I like when they don't give away the story in the trailer!

I can't wait to see Signs...those trailers have me dying to see it!

Credits

Talking

Wow!!! Great article. I want to see Signs now for sure!
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits

Smile

Oh man, what an article!!! Gosh, I thought I knew a lot about movie trailers too, lol. That's pretty cool to see that those guys who cut those things actually think that intently about them, every little detail. I thought it was only us knuckleheads on this site that thought that way about trailers ;-). I had no idea it took that much time to edit a trailer (I was thinking maybe two or three weeks at the most)... no wonder the teasers that come out a year beforehand rarely contain actual footage. And the cost!!! Incredible (but worth it!). Maybe that's why studios like Universal were so protective of their trailers... but who knows.

Amazing, that article should be kept and framed and be a main link right off the Movie-List page. This is what it's all about, Movie Trailers, and we finally know a lot more about them! It's about time! =)

By the way, I did see Signs this evening at the theater I work at and it was pretty cool. Very creepy, but the ending was.... well, not what I expected I guess. I wonder how that will go over with the general public... Like they said in the article, the trailers didn't show anything from the last third of the film (good idea!). I hope you guys enjoy it!

Credits
    One more thing... at the Signs preview tonight, they did show a new trailer (well I guess an American one) for The Ring. It contained all the parts from the foreign teaser here on the site, but it had lots of new footage that flashed across the screen relentlessly. You could never focus on one scene for more than, say, two seconds, it was sweet! It had us all holding our breath by the time the title rolled around. I hope this one gets released on the 'net soon!! =)

Credits
    Interesting that the article mentioned the trailer of Rosemary's Baby. I wonder if it's available at all cos it certainly is not on the movie's DVD!

Credits
    I think the MPAA should shoten a trailer time to 1:30 min. Because 2:30 is very long and uneccessary. Example: Road to Perdition. After the first 30 seconds, no one remembers the rest.