Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Amazon offers free 2-day shipping...

Amazon.com has announced their Amazon Prime service. For $79/year, you get free two-day shipping on all items, upgradeable to overnight shipping for $3.99 per item. The offer applies to most media (books, DVDs, CDs, etc.) and can be shared among "up to four family members living in the same household."
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/subs/primec...gnup/main.html
    Last edited by amr.ramadan; 02-02-2005 at 07:28 PM.
    It is not enough 'I succeed'. Everyone else must fail.

Credits
    that's bull****. Screw this!
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    I don't order enough stuff from amazon for it to be worth it.

I buy most of my stuff at Best Buy because of the Reward Zone program, and most of the time, prices are actually a little cheaper. Then, there's no shipping and I can have the item the same day.

Credits
    No, it ain't bull**** (do your research first before dumping moronic remarks here ), but the terms and conditions apply to US residents only. So too bad it won't have use for this regular customer.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    You're paying for free shipping? Does this make any sense to you? Yes, eventually you can work it out that you will get a highly discounting shipping rate depending on how much you order from the site. All that Amazon is trying to do is to get some capital going right now so that they aren't in the hole any more. It's an interesting business tactic but not one that I think many will go for. I'm about as leery about this as I am Blockbuster's No Late Fees plan.

Of course, if you bundle orders so that they equal over $25, then shipping is free anyways. If you're a smart consumer, shipping will always be free so why pay for it?

Credits
    That's a better comment than your previous one, WorkShed.

Thing is, again, this only applies to US residences. True, if you're in the US, bulk buy and you'll get free shippings anyway. The gimmick is a faster, 'free' delivery with a annual memebership fee.

But then if you're indeed in the US, unless you don't drive or get out of your home, you seldom buy things from Amazon.com. (It's like me, if I wanna buy some R4 DVDs I'll go and pick it up at JB Hi-Fi rather than order it on EzyDVD, unless I'm 100% sure it's cheaper pre-ordering.)

And the true die-hard supporter of the site, aka international R1 DVD buyers, don't get the benefit, which is a shame. Cos I'll join up for sure.