Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Tarantino to write & direct CSI season finale

I read about this in my daily TV Guide newsletter, and did a little more reasearch... very cool!! I'm not the biggest CSI fan, but I watch it once in awhile, and I'll definitely be checking out this episode! (I decided to put this in movie news because he IS a film director after all.)

Famous movie director Quentin Tarantino has officially signed on to direct the final episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation's fifth season.

"He knows everything there is to know about CSI, and he is into the whole mythology of CSI," executive producer Carol Mendelsohn told the Hollywood Reporter. "Quentin came in a couple of weeks ago. We had a story meeting with the writers. He had a great idea, and it was so much fun to have him in the room. [...] We are positively giddy."

Besides taking the director's chair for the season finale, Tarantino has also come up with the story for the episode, in which one of the main characters will find themselves in great danger. "There will be more bugs and blood this time," Mendelsohn joked.

Tarantino's involvement with CSI was first reported two weeks ago, when George Eads (Nick Stokes) said he'd heard a rumour Tarantino would be directing an episode of the series. It now turns out Tarantino has been a fan of CSI since the show's first season, and finally agreed to helm an episode of the show after running into members of the CSI crew a few weeks ago while they were doing location shooting.

This will be the second television episode Tarantino has ever directed, after doing an episode of the first season of ER. He was also once planning to direct an episode of the X-Files, but had to pull out of that project as he was not a member of the Directors Guild of America, and the guild refused to give him a second waiver following the ER episode. It is not known whether Tarantino has now joined the Guild, or it has lifted its objections to non-members directing television episodes.

The CSI season finale will start filming in early April, and is scheduled to air on the 19th of May. The original report from the Hollywood Reporter can be read by following this link.

Credits
    Yahoo, lots of pretentious dialogue, a few meaningless in jokes designed to show off Tarantino's great knowledge of the shows history and mythology, conclude it all by combining the above aspects with a dodgy script that will spit in the face of common sense, and you'll have a critically acclaimed hit that will use the dialogue and in jokes as the only proof needed of the writer/directors greatness. :big grin:
    Last edited by carl; 02-24-2005 at 07:04 PM.

Credits
    I love this idea!

The story will be as follows:

A heist gone wrong culminates in a meeting in a warehouse. Who shot who and what exactly happened?

or

CSI gets a call about a foul smell coming from a nearby house. Will it turn out to be "dead nigger storage"?

or

A massacre at a wedding leaves a bride struggling to survive in the hospital. Who were the killers?

I'm so friggin excited!

Credits
    For everyone who gets CBS, this is on tonight!! 8pm EST.

Credits
    I loved it. I was on the edge of my seat for 2 hours. Of course, I'm a big CSI fan anyway, but this one was great. I loved the cameos too ... looks like everyone wanted their mug in the Tarantino episode. Frank Gorshin was even there .. and a nice tribute to him at the end, since he passed away this week.
    Deep In The Heart Of Texas!
    My Movie Collection

Credits
    This was the best csi episode ever! I hear people sudgest some Tarantino movies that it may copy... But the only Tarantino movie it copies is Kill Bill Vol. 2...

It also has a classic Tarantino... thingy in it, where during a violent or tense or whatever scene, some classic, goodhearted rock n roll plays (my favourite scene)

It also includes a minimal amount of backwards/forwards time lapses
    AND it doesnt really seem like tarantino directs it (u can sure as hell tell he helped write it), the only thing really different from a normal episdode is that things move a bit slower (which is not a bad thing...)
    -----------------------