Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

The Ultimate Jason Vorhees Movie - Directed By Tarantino??!!

This news is insane!

From JoBlo
    Our pal Stax at FilmForce is reporting today one of the oddest and intriguing rumors I've heard in a really long time. According to their sources, Quentin Tarantino is in negotiations to write and direct the next FRIDAY THE 13th movie currently titled THE ULTIMATE JASON VOORHEES MOVIE (likely just a temp title). I had heard New Line was planning something big to replace the failed sequel to FREDDY VS. JASON but had no idea they were thinking about Tarantino! Or that Tarantino was thinking about them! Nothing is known about the project at this point other than it would be a "quickie" that would film later this year and would be a joint-venture between New Line and Paramount. FilmForce contacted Tarantino's agent at William Morris who would only say that the director had "not yet" been offered the job. But to be offered the job in the first place would mean that there is a job to be offered, no? Just try to wrap your head around the concept of a Tarantino written and directed Jason Voorhees film... My mind can barely comprehend the possibilities! Now if this rumor had come from anywhere else, I'd probably write off in about a half-second but Stax is no cub reporter and I have no reason to doubt his journalistic chops on this story.
    If Bond didn't want him, maybe Jason will!!

Last edited by WorkShed; 03-09-2005 at 12:18 AM.
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    Huh! This could be funny!
    "They took the sky, but we're still flyin..."

Movieman's DVDanswers.com Review Page

Credits

Credits
    so, will this movie be before "Inglorious Bastards" or after it, man, i'm so looking forward to next QT flick, whatever it may be! He should make a "Devil May Cry" movie!

Credits
    Joint Venture between New Line & Paramount? What the hell? Sounds totally bogus to me!

--Dan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboDan
    Joint Venture between New Line & Paramount? What the hell? Sounds totally bogus to me!

--Dan
    What? You've never heard of joint ventures? Studios do it all the time, yet we hardly hear about it.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkShed
    What? You've never heard of joint ventures? Studios do it all the time, yet we hardly hear about it.
    That's not what I meant. I'm talking about the mention of 'Paramount' in that sentence. They do not hold the rights to anything Friday the 13th, except for distribuition for the original '8' films. So...thats why I find this story 'bogus'.

--Dan

(As for screwups between various studios when they 'join up', heck, I got a few )

Credits
    Well, that's not entirely true. If QT is really wanting to call the film Friday the 13th anything, Paramount would have to be involved. That's why the other New Line Jason movies don't have Friday the 13th in the title at all because Paramount still owns the rights to that title.

Credits
    You know WorkShed, you are absolutely right. I can't believe I missed that little detail. This is what happens when you get no sleep anymore. I still think this story is bogus though. Be it Friday, or any other day.

--Dan

Credits
    its all a lie !!!!!!!

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/n...?news_id=16627

According to Empire Online, they caught up with Quentin Tarantino and were able to dispell the rumors that started a week ago about him directing a Friday the 13th movie. Here is a clip:

“What’s happening with Friday The 13th? Nothing at all! It’s a complete lie. I like Jason and everything, but I’ve no intention of directing a movie! New Line talked to me about it, but it was a complete fabrication, that article. I would love to do a horror film. I’m just saying it’s not going to be Friday The 13th.”

Credits
    Tarantino: Jason, when you pulled up to my driveway did you see a sign that said "dead body storage"

Jason: Grr

Tarantino: Well, you should've seen it cuz it's definately ****ing there.

Jason: Grr

Credits

i knew this was B.S oh well sigh! look's like years be for Jason 11 AKA Friday the 13th part 11 this is B.S.