Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Star Wars TV Series ..

http://www.latinoreview.com/scoops/starwars-tv.html

I know that there’s been word on this whole Star Wars TV Series and that George Lucas went as far as confirming it, saying that one way or another Star Wars will continue. Plus, Lucasfilm's Jim Ward confirmed that a "Star Wars" TV series is on the way in the near future but didn't say when it would be a go. We’ve been provided with a little bit more information on the TV Series. Below is what our “Anonymous” source tells us.

First, I work for Hasbro. If you're not familiar with us - we do the Star Wars toys.

Without getting anyone's butt in trouble, especially my own, I wanted to let you know that there's a "Star Wars" TV series in the works - because we've just got the contract for the new line. Barrage of new characters in the show that I've never heard of (sans a couple), but someone said it's along the lines of 'Young Indiana Jones' and it could have Mark Hamill reprising his role as Luke Skywalker for several episodes. George Lucas is involved, but only in the creative sense. A Lucas Film rep told another of the guys here that they're going to be testing a mass of young actors for the roles. I'm keen myself to find out who's playing [hint] 'the original owner of the Falcon'".

cool news indeed :big grin:
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Hmmm.... as much that i like Star Wars, i don't know about this... it could rrrrealy scrap both trilogy. On the other hand, it could be great. We'll have to wait and see

Credits
    hmmm...i doubt this is going to happen. i have not heard of king george approving this. there were rumors awhile back about a possible tv series that dealt with the SW universe. however, it was mentioned that it wouldn't deal directly with the PT or the OT in anyway, with the exception of a few cameos here and there. if it does happen, i would not look to see it until next year a the earliest.

also, going back to the quote " First, I work for Hasbro. If you're not familiar with us - we do the Star Wars toys. " that makes me laugh. i work for lockheed-martin, you know...the company that makes missles, the space shuttle and numerous other devices made to eliminate human life....that does not make me a genius when it comes to missle making or anything thereof. for all we know, this guy could be a mail clerk. i, however, am not a mail clerk.
    Last edited by redbear; 04-04-2005 at 03:01 PM.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    The talk has been that the TV show would be on in 2006, so, would the first season and mabe second be between 3-4... A Long time TV staple like Jimmy Smits is Bail Organa... the villian from Farscape (Wayne Pygram) is playing (avert yer spoiler virgin eyes for a couple words...) Tarkin in Ep 3...

So imagine:

First or second season finale, an aide will walk up to Bail and say "A vessel, larger than anything we've ever seen has come out of hyperspace..." A trailer For Episode 4 in 3D follows.

Next Season, the Rebel Alliance relocating to Hoth...

Following season, a scattered and defeated Rebellion has to rebuild itself to take on the Empire one last time!

Season after that... Mark Hammil ignites a lightsaber and the ratings to the highest since the shows debut...

It'll be beautiful.

Credits
    This stuff sounds kind of shady, I don't know about this either.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by p3orion
    First or second season finale, an aide will walk up to Bail and say "A vessel, larger than anything we've ever seen has come out of hyperspace..." A trailer For Episode 4 in 3D follows.
    well...Bail was never on the Tantive 5 in Ep4. he died on Alderaan when the Death Star blew it to itty-bitty pieces.

Season after that... Mark Hammil ignites a lightsaber and the ratings to the highest since the shows debut...

It'll be beautiful.
    oh yeah, an elder Hamill to play Luke again after what, 25/30 years ??? CG is good, but not that good. my guess, the onmyl way they could make this fly is to stay away from the PT/OT plots and maybe focus on people who are involved, but are bit characters...maybe like Kyle Katarrn or someone like that. it's not like they don't have an entire EU that has nothing to do with the movies...in a way.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by red bear
    well...Bail was never on the Tantive 5 in Ep4. he died on Alderaan when the Death Star blew it to itty-bitty pieces..
    I didn't say Bail Organa was on the Tantive IV. It's everyone's assumption that he'd be on Alderaan. In fact the OT never says where he is when Alderaan goes into itty-bitty pieces. He could be on Coruscant. he could be paying the Kaminoians a$$ loads of money to make copies of himself to give Stormtroopers targets to shoot at until the end of time. He could be leading a whole second front... Lucas could say; "This will be Bail Organa the TV series. While the movies deal with the part of the Alliance that does guerrilla raids on Death Stars under the command of Jan Dodanna, Mon Mothma and Admiral Ackbar, Bail's off leading a second front of core worlds and insurgency on Coruscant. I'd like to see Corellia on screen.

EU cannon doesn't matter to Lucasfilm, and gets flushed every few years anyway... though the green bunny thingy (Jaxxon) somehow endures... other parts of EU have been cannonized: the Juggernaught vehicle (yes I know it was a design for Empire) Aayla Secura, who on the starwars.com databank isn't in the EU section anymore, but listed under II and III. The blue Twi-Lek girl graduated before Thrawn or any other EU character, or at least in a bigger way... (someone wants to point out the Outrider flying over Mos Eisley at this point....)

Let's not be so harsh in these posts... Why do people on boards have to always sound kinda mean?

Credits
    I've wanted a TV series for absolutely ages. Reason being that Star Wars has expanded beyond the films already. The games, books, comics and all that stuff have told Star Wars stories relating to events outside of the 6 films. Were talking about a Jedi order that has been in place and largely unchanging for over 15000 years, with constant battles against Sith Lords far more powerful than either Darth Vader or Darth Sideous. Imagine a series dealing with some of those ancient Sith Lords entombed on Koriban that get a mention in every other Star Wars game I've played. Some of them were just plain badass. Or what about a series dealing with the start of the Jedi, and lets not forget that the Jedi order probably went on to grow and prosper for a looooooong time after ROTJ. Fact is that the possibilities are endless, and on the track record of other Star Wars merchandise then the potential is defenitely there.

Credits
    I didn't say Bail Organa was on the Tantive IV. It's everyone's assumption that he'd be on Alderaan. In fact the OT never says where he is when Alderaan goes into itty-bitty pieces.
    actually, the official site says that he is on alderaan....

Let's not be so harsh in these posts... Why do people on boards have to always sound kinda mean?
    sorry if i sound kind of mean...i don't mean to..... and i wouldn't mind a TV series, but i really feel that it would go the way of star trek and that is not what i want. like i mentioned, i am a purist and that would be a fate worse than death. the potential is there for it to be huge and also for it to fall hard.

Credits
    The official site used to have a different face by that databank entry too... Actually there's a neet article about the change and a little fudge to fix it here

When I was talking about where he was, or usually anything with SW, I tend to just stick to the movies for what to expect. EU has been p'd on and ignored by the flannelled one to a great degree... I kinda wonder if he, or whoever would be in charge of the TV series would have read the web site.

Here's how out of my skull on cannon from the movies I've been... just an example... I could have sworn, on a stack of whatever, (up until about a year ago...) that Episode III would have Obi Wan (at least) tracking down Watto to get some control device to the transmitter inside Anikin's body, to re-activate the explosive and set it off to stop him.

I mean, otherwise, why drag us though Jake Loyd giving us that LONG explaniation at the Dinner Table. That screen time could have gone to Darth Maul getting into a barfight... or getting on with the plot...

Credits
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...en_tv_eo/16417

Hope this isn't old news, I don't wanna get burned for this.

Credits

SW T.V. series casting

Can anyone in the know please tell me the best way to get involved in the casting of the new live-action series? I would give anything for a shot to audition. Anyone know where casting will take place (I know shooting will be in Sydney)? When?

Thank you for your responses,
    Kenan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by kenan
    Can anyone in the know please tell me the best way to get involved in the casting of the new live-action series? I would give anything for a shot to audition. Anyone know where casting will take place (I know shooting will be in Sydney)? When?

Thank you for your responses,
    Kenan
    Believe be if i knew i would be waiting in line already

Credits
    so seriously thinking about signing up to be an extra so I can have a remote chance to be in this!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]