Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Star Wars DVD box set of all 6 films

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents
    http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/s...a_QA_91615.asp

We've got a rare Sunday post for you with a bit of new Star Wars DVD news. At the Celebration III convention in Indianapolis this weekend, George Lucas let it slip that a new DVD box set of all 6 films is in the works, possibly to include an all-new bonus disc containing deleted scenes from the original trilogy. Expect no further changes in the films themselves. In addition, don't look for a high-definition release of the films in 2007. Lucas also confirmed that the digitally-screened version of Episode III will be slightly longer than the traditional film version. You can click here to read more at The Force.net. Note that the story contains what some may consider to be a slight spoiler about the upcoming film.
    ohh well
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    More money in your pocket M. Luca$

Credits
    doh! More waiting. Was expecting this next year but now probably another 3 more years to get this.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    No further changes?! He massacred the original trilogy with his Frankensteining of old and new effects!

If he wants the old trilogy to stand up to the new trilogy (in terms of effects) then he should go back and redo all the old effects. It's not going to work any other way. Lucas is just half-assing it by leaving it the way that it is.

It cheapens the experience when newcomers are wondering why some effects look old and others look new. The attack on the Death Star in IV needs a lot of work. Hell, just storytelling-wise, that attack has less prominence than the attack against the trade blockade in I. When II and III will be playing up the Empire's plans for the Death Star, a small little rebellion of ships against the Death Star is downright laughable. It just plain cheapens the effect.

Some of this stuff will be brought up in an upcoming essay on the changes to the Star Wars trilogy (which won't make it in time for Episode III, sorry), but Lucas didn't fix the trilogy, it still has a lot of issues to be ironed out if he wants I-VI to be one cohesive opus that is meant to be seen all together.
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    can't wait...I haven't even seen the new DVDs because I've been saving my money for the 6-disc set.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    like no one saw this coming when Lucas revealed he was planning on doing the OT DVDs. me...i'm a geek. so i already bought them, the OT non-SE on DVD (thanks to supernova) and of course Ep 1 & 2 on DVD. will i buy Ep 3 and then the box set. Yep. i'm a sucker for anything star wars.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

for all you newbs, use the SEARCH function ... it works.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by red bear
    Yep. i'm a sucker for anything star wars.
    Told my wife that i'll buy the boxset and again told me that i was an idiot spending $$ on thing that i have in double and triple Luca$ is rich 'cause of me!!!

Credits
    Now I'm thankful I waited. Patience is, with money hungry Lucas, a virtue.

Credits
    Quoting THX 1138:

Buy more. Buy more now. Buy. And be happy.

Enough said.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural"

Welcome to the Dark Side, Lucas...

Credits
    I saw this coming.

Credits
    Lucas needs to redo the yoda from Episode I

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarWRG
    why need? he's doing it ep 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 will all be altered to gain the definitiv edition

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarWRG
    No! He needs to redo Yoda from II & III with a puppet.

Spoiled kids. Whatever happened to the good old days of simple pleasures when kids big and small would be all excited bewildered when they see the Muppets Movie? Now it's all about CGI, HD, MTV, SsOBs.

Enough said. Indeed.
    Last edited by editman; 05-02-2005 at 05:44 AM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bender
    why need? he's doing it ep 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 will all be altered to gain the definitiv edition
    Lucas stated that he wasn't doing any more changes for the box set.

The only thing that would get me to buy the new box set is if there are all new features (nothing overlapped with the previous releases, like the LOTR stuff) or if all the effects are tweaked to look like Episode III. Since I have the original versions of the original trilogy on DVD (transferred from laserdisc), I'm willing for a CGI version of Yoda in all the films. I'm more for continuity of effects in all the films, rather than this Frankenstein monster that has been created and exists in Lucas' special edition of the original trilogy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast