Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Paul Anderson AvP Interview

http://www.avpnews.com/

its i bit old but still very interesting....

Over at JoBlo, there's an interview with Resident Evil director Paul Anderson, who - of course - is now helming the Aliens Versus Predator movie project. Discussion regarding this is quite minimal, although Anderson does put forward a few comments (the first he's made that we know of since the original announcement was made):

"ARROW: Well, I’m moving on to the BIG NEWS, which is Aliens vs Predator: is it official?

PAUL: Yes.

ARROW: Are you writing the script?

PAUL: I’m just finishing the script for Resident Evil: Nemesis and as soon as that’s done, I’m gonna begin to work on AVP.

ARROW: So how do you feel about the project...are you excited?

PAUL: I’ve been waiting to do a movie with Aliens in it since I was at school, since the first Alien movie came out, since I fell in love with Sigourney Weaver and since the Alien scared the hell out of me. I’ve been obsessed with ALIENS for a while, it’s the coolest cinema franchise out there and Predator is the baddest hunter in the universe, so the idea of combining the two of them is just phenomenal! It will be a stand-alone franchise; it will not be a continuation of the Alien franchise.

ARROW: So we won’t get a Sigourney Weaver or an Arnold Schwarzenegger cameo then?

PAUL: I’m not telling you that!

ARROW: I had to try.

PAUL: I haven’t even written the script yet!"

The rest of the interview is mainly about Resident Evil, but if you're interested, you can read it in it's entirety here. Credit goes to Lieutenant Skinner for the find.
    I really hope he would make a good script
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Lightbulb Re: Paul Anderson AvP Interview

Originally posted by tisoy
    ...if you're interested, you can read it in it's entirety here...
    http://www.joblo.com/arrow/interview62.htm

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    What I was asking myself .... has anybody read the AvP comics? What's the storyline? Where does the worlds of the Aliens and the Predators connect? What characters appear? Ripley? Bishop?

Hudson: "We're on an express elevator to hell - going down!"

Credits
    the story in the comic which they in the start (a few years back) said would be the base of the movie is set in the future (of course). A planet called Rushy (or something like it) is a hot desert planet where the Predators send down Alines. Then a little while later they come down and hunt them. Predators like to hunt, so they use this planet as its warm and uninhabited.

Well now mankind comes along and mess things up. They colonise this planet and use it to raise some form of caddle. Predators dosent know this, so they as usuall send down Aliens

Well you can guess the rest. ALOT of Aliens running around, and a bunsh of predators killing them.

Now that whouldent be a good plot in itself. so the story focus on a newcommer to the colony and the comic tell her story in all of this. A predator gets hurt and the humans take care of it, and of course that predator becomes an ally of the humans.

If you like comics, i highly suggest that you read this storyline. Its without a doubt one of my alltime favorite comics.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    there was an script written early on that was supposed to ne original. but it was basically the comic storyline set in a jungle planet instead.

Later the porject was scraped again.

and now its back.
    Not much hope today of the comic story line to make into a movie, and thats really too bad, cuz its a really good one and it would made an amazing movie, and if done right visually stunning.

Credits

Lightbulb

I heard that the movie was gona take place on eart, with the same idea from the comics.

If you remeber at the end of aliens 4 they head to earth...

Credits
    This movie is going to be so great! :yum:

Credits
    Originally posted by Movie Wizard
    I heard that the movie was gona take place on eart, with the same idea from the comics.

If you remeber at the end of aliens 4 they head to earth...
    from the first post "It will be a stand-alone franchise; it will not be a continuation of the Alien franchise."