after seeing the film now for the very first time...

first of big kudos to disney home entertainment for this well done restoration of the film. the films looks wonderful and it was a joy to watch it (from the technical point of view). for the movie itself i don't have much good words. ok, lets start with the good things: the animation is well done and it hasn't aged a bit. this is really good work done by the animators and walt disney. i'm very impressed!!! and that's it for the good points for this film.
now the bad points: the music score was the most annoying score i've ever had to her in a motion picture. there are just a handful of scenes that are without music and they where very short. i just wished the music would've stopped but of course it didn't. someone must've had the brilliant idea to put music almost everywhere, no matter what. sure this may have worked over 60 years ago but for me it just didn't. personally i think that lesser and i mean a lot less music would've worked much better, but that's just me
the story of the movie was very predictable and confusing at the same time. actually for one instance. the skunk "flower" as it was introduced i thought it was a girl which was very flattered by bambi's expression of calling her flower. all the way she reacted stated that she was a girl. but when the spring arrived in the movie and we met flower again for all sudden it's a male skunk. i certainly didn't get it!!!

so how does this classic compare to newer disney films like one of my favorite: the lion king? honestly bambi has no chance! the lion king is much better all the way through. bambi get's a score of 3 out of 5 while the lion king gets all 5.

will i watch bambi again? not anytime soon for sure. maybe in 5 years or even in 10 or maybe never