Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Question Star Wars question...

This should get a fun discussion started....

In Episode 1, they talk of Anakin Skywalker being the one to bring balance to the force. In Episode 6, Obi-wan mentions things being true from a certian point of view.

Well, what if the prophecy was right, but not in the way the Jedi were thinking. What if the Force was too far to the side of good?

There was a huge Jedi Academy, hundreds if not throusands of jedi. They needed a powerful dark force to bring the galaxy into balance. It then becomes a see-saw effect. With Darth and the Emperor, the galaxy went too far to the dark. Luke came along to balance it again to the middle.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    the dark side is an evil balance where as the light side is a good balance.
    Seems strange. Look at it this way. In the dark side, you hurt ppl and demand your own following (true in the real world). With the light side, you only bring good to ppl around you and don't force evil onto others. This is the balance of life. Good will and has to triumph. Would you rather life under a dark rule or light rule. I choose the light because I will have just that... a choice. Choosing the dark side will be your only and final choice u make.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    or... goddness comes from evil.....

into order to get order.. the chosen one... there has to be chaos.... ehhh whatever.. lol
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldWookie
    They were mistaken that Anakin is the chosen one.
    Are you sure about that? Think about it.

When Anakin became Darth Vader, Yoda made the comment that Anakin was destroyed. So, by that reasoning, in Episode 6, when he turns back to the light side, then Darth Vader would have been destroyed (the Sith apprentice). Anakin then killed the Emperor (the Sith Master), thus wiping out the Sith single handedly within the course of a couple of minutes. Luke didn't kill either one.

Of course, it would help if we knew the wording of the prophecy.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    I agree with corfy, Ankakin is the "one". He bring balance by killing of the Sith. Only the Jedies where wrong to expect him to do it right away, they didn't expect him to take the long way around.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    Yep, I agree that Anakin was the chosen one.

He finally evened out the score between Sith and Jedi. By the beginning of Episode IV, there are only 2 of each.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by wirm
    Yep, I agree that Anakin was the chosen one.

He finally evened out the score between Sith and Jedi. By the beginning of Episode IV, there are only 2 of each.

I never looked at it that way. That's an interesting theory.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"