Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Credits

Bungie and Microsoft respond to news

From Bungie.net

Ha, so you saw the movie news did you? As a story in Hollywood newspaper Variety noted, Universal and Fox wanted to renegotiate the Halo movie deal at the 11th hour and Microsoft and its partners, Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh refused. Well, there’s lots of stuff going on behind the scenes that we simply can’t talk about, but Microsoft’s official statement on the matter goes something like this:

“We are disappointed that Universal and Fox wanted to significantly renegotiate the financial points of the deal. But the Halo franchise is hugely popular and our goal remains the same - to find a partner that shares our passion and will creatively collaborate with us to best represent the story and spirit of the Halo franchise. Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and the rest of the creative team are dedicated to ensuring the Halo movie becomes a reality. We are already in discussions with potential partners who recognize the value of the Halo brand and its appeal to consumers worldwide.”

The reality here at Bungie towers is a feeling of optimism, satisfaction and happiness for reasons we can’t go into. Frankly we’re interested in making the best movie, and it’s possible that a partner who’s more concerned with numbers, might not be the best partner for what’s more vitally a creative process. Suffice it to say that Peter, Neill, Fran and Microsoft are as excited and dedicated as ever and WETA continues the pre-production process. Actually, when you do finally get to see the stuff WETA has already made, you will probably pee a little.

I wish this was Bnet’s story to reveal to you, but it has lots more to do with what Microsoft biz guys and the powerful and influential Mr. Jackson are up to, than with yours truly. Hopefully however, we can share excellent news with you in the next few weeks.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    I pee'ed alittle when i saw the Halo Wars trailer. Can't wait for this then
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits

Doomed?

Hopefully they put a little more into this than they did DOOM, boy was that horrible.
    Last edited by zissoucadet; 10-30-2006 at 12:13 PM. Reason: sp

Credits

Halo movie indefinitely suspended!

Source: Scifwire

Days after Microsoft vowed to continue development of a movie based on its Halo video-game franchise, executive producers Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh's Wingnut Films have announced that they are postponing the movie, with Microsoft's approval, according to a report on ComingSoon.net.

The news comes a little more than a week after Universal and Fox pulled out of their agreement to co-finance the movie, reportedly over concerns about the film's budget and finance arrangements.

Now, Wingnut Films said in a statement: "As was previously confirmed, we deeply regret that both Universal and Fox did not choose to move forward with financing the Halo film under the original terms of the agreement. At this time Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh, along with their partner, Microsoft, have mutually agreed to postpone making a feature film based on the Halo video-game universe until we can fulfill the promise we made to millions of Halo fans throughout the world that we would settle for no less than bringing a first-class film to the big screen. We are fully supportive of director Neill Blomkamp's vision of the film. Neill is a tremendously gifted filmmaker and his preliminary work on Halo is truly awe-inspiring. While it will undoubtedly take a little longer for Halo to reach the big screen, we are confident that the final feature film will be well worth the wait."

Shortly after Universal and Fox pulled out, Microsoft vowed to move forward with the Halo film and that prep on the movie was going ahead.
    Also from comingsoon.net

The script, originally written by Alex Garland and rewritten by D.B. Weiss, was to have gotten another rewrite by A History of Violence scribe Josh Olson. The movie was previously targeted for a summer 2008 release.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn'thrak View Post
    I pee'ed alittle when i saw the Halo Wars trailer. Can't wait for this then
    Oh god... I know what you mean!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by zissoucadet View Post
    Hopefully they put a little more into this than they did DOOM, boy was that horrible.
    When I was in Iraq they had an article in the Stars and Stripes that mentioned Bill Gates and the Halo movie. I wish I had saved it because it mentioned that Bill Gates was going to supervise the production very closely and would pull the plug if he felt the movie was going to be crap.

Credits

Halo: movie's first look

This is not infact a clip from the movie since filming hasn't started but is infact a concept short of the style the movie is going for

A collaboration between Bungie Studios, director Neill Blomkamp, WETA Workshop and Origami Digital LLC, brings the first digital short depicting humanity's struggle to save Earth.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.a...=ethreeblowout

Scroll down to "Halo: Arms race" to input age n version size u want.
    To me... thi sis so awesome. It has the exact same feel from Aliens when they are all loading into the Dropship.

Credits
    Wow this vid totally kicked ***. I love the way the dropships look.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123