Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Michael Jackson cleared on all counts!!

Jurors acquit pop star of all molestation charges

SANTA MARIA, California (CNN) -- A California jury found pop superstar Michael Jackson not guilty Monday of all charges in his child-molestation trial.

The jury deliberated about 32 hours before reaching its decision.

The verdicts were read in a packed courtroom, where a large crowd of supporters gathered outside the courthouse cheered, wept and hugged upon hearing the verdict.

Courtroom observers reported that Jackson dabbed his eyes with a tissue after his acquittal.

A number of Jackson's family members accompanied him to the courthouse to hear the verdict and flanked him as he exited the courthouse as fans cheered.

Jackson did not address the throng as before leaving the courthouse in a caravan of black sports utility vehicles.

Monday's verdicts capped a chain of events that began in February 2003, after the broadcast of "Living With Michael Jackson," an unflattering television documentary by British journalist Martin Bashir.

In the program, Jackson was shown holding hands with the boy now accusing him of child molestation, and he defended as "loving" his practice of letting young boys sleep in his bed.

In November of 2003, California authorities searched Jackson's Neverland Ranch, following molestation allegations against the singer. Jackson was booked on child-molestation charges that month and released on $3 million bail. Formal charges against Jackson were filed in December 2003.

A grand jury indicted the 46-year-old pop star in April 2004 on charges of molesting the boy at the center of the trial, giving him alcohol and conspiring to hold him and his family captive in 2003.

Jackson pleaded not guilty to the charges and did not testify during the trial.

Jurors had deliberated during the course of seven days. Testimony and closing arguments stretched nearly 14 weeks before the jury got the case.

Prosecutors alleged that, following the broadcast of the Bashir documentary in 2003, Jackson and five associates plotted to control and intimidate the accuser's family to get them to go along with damage-control efforts, including holding them against their will at Neverland. The molestation charges relate to alleged incidents between Jackson and the accuser after the Bashir documentary aired.

Jackson's lawyers, however, consistently portrayed the singer as a naive victim of the accuser's family, who, they claimed, were grifters -- schemers -- with a habit of wheedling money out of the rich and famous.

The Jackson trial was full of salacious testimony, dramatic moments and celebrity defense witnesses.

Among the more than 130 people who testified were former child star Macaulay Culkin. He disputed testimony from earlier witnesses who claimed they saw Jackson behaving inappropriately with him in the early 1990s.

On March 10, the first day Jackson's accuser testified, the pop star arrived late for court as the judge threatened to revoke the singer's $3 million bail. Jackson, claiming he had a back injury severe enough to require a hospital visit, finally came to court in pajamas and slippers, walking gingerly while supported by a bodyguard and his father.

The accuser, now 15, testified in graphic detail about what he claims were molestations by Jackson on two separate occasions in early 2003. During cross-examination, however, the teenager admitted he told an administrator at his school that nothing happened between him and the singer.

Prosecution witnesses included the accuser's mother, who was on the stand for three days, and a former security guard who testified that he saw Jackson engaged in oral sex with another teenage boy.

That boy received an out-of-court settlement in his family's molestation case against the pop star for an undisclosed amount. Jackson was not charged in that case and denied any wrongdoing.

Testimony in the trial closed with prosecutors showing a police videotape in which the accuser tells detectives the singer gave him wine and masturbated him as many as five times.

Members of the jury came from a pool of 200 people from Santa Barbara County, just north of Los Angeles. The eight-woman, four-man jury ranged in age from 20 to 79, including a 21-year-old male paraplegic who said he once visited Neverland Ranch, where Jackson has a mansion, zoo and small amusement park.

Credits
    There's no justice in the world anymore.

OJ walked free. Robert Blake walked free. Now this freak walks free.

If you're a celeb in the US you'll never go to jail. Instead you'll probably go bankrupt and (hopefully) sink to the bottom fame-wise and money-wise with all the lawsuits.

Enough said. (Obviously not. See below.)
    Last edited by editman; 06-13-2005 at 07:00 PM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Haha because you know everything there is to know about this case... you know he's guilty because you have the foresight of God. Right.

So it would've been justice if he had gone to jail? For what? A crime that a jury of his peers decided he didn't do? That's the justice system in case you missed the memo.

I suppose Martha Stewart isn't a celebrity?

Quote Originally Posted by editman
    There's no justice in the US jurisdicitional system anymore.
    Oh, and that's *judicial.
    Last edited by Shrubz; 06-13-2005 at 04:24 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Strube
    So it would've been justice if he had gone to jail? For what? A crime that a jury of his peers decided he didn't do? That's the justice system in case you missed the memo.
    Suppose you know everything about the case?

Put it this way: If MJ did molest the kid(s), he walked free and hence justice isn't served.

If MJ did not molest the kid(s), then the whole trial thing is a farce and still an insult to the US legal system, accusing an (alleged) innocent man of the same crime twice. And twice the man (if you can call him that) walks free, repuatation tarnished.

If you are an innocent person, how would you feel of being busted from time to time for something you never did, and you become some notorious laughing stock in your neighbourhood cos some (to be precise: a lot of) people think you did?

(And honestly, God only knows if MJ's as innocent as he believes. Apparently the legal system can't provide any insight into the matter.)

Hence, no justice.

And the 'real' murderers of both OJ's wife and Robert Blake's wife are still at large. Justice certainly isn't served in these cases.

Won't be surprised if Phil Spector's gonna walk free as well.

She ain't. Had to look it up to find out who she is.
    Last edited by editman; 06-13-2005 at 07:07 PM.

Credits
    You didnt know who Martha Stewart was? The queen of the kitchen?! Are You Serious?!?!
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkmanSIX
    You didnt know who Martha Stewart was? The queen of the kitchen?! Are You Serious?!?!
    who gives a sh*t who martha stewart is

Credits
    Apparently, only me.

Credits
    Wow. Not to be condescending or anything editman, but you just went down a few pegs in my book. (And not just because you had no clue who Martha Stewart is. )

The whole idea of the U.S. legal system is to decide whether someone's guilty of a crime or not. When someone's accused of something of this magnitude, there must be a trial. Just because these people were found innocent, HOW in the world does that mean the justice system doesn't work?? It did exactly what it's supposed to do.

Unless you were seriously following the trial, you are really in no place to say half the things you have said. (For example, the family pressing the charges are well-known for several other court cases where they were trying to get money for things that never actually happened.)

And my Martha Stewart question was rhetorical... she is, indeed a big celebrity. You'd be hard pressed to find someone living in the United States who doesn't know who she is.
    Last edited by Shrubz; 06-13-2005 at 08:34 PM.

Credits
    Just because these people were found innocent, HOW in the world does that mean the justice system doesn't work??
    Because it can be exploited by allowing the same person being put on trial for the same accusation based on shaky ground based on the same 'lie', pretending to be a solid accusation (based on the verdict that MJ's innocent and people lied to scam his money.)

If it's all lies against MJ, then the entire case shouldn't be taken to court, again, in the first place. Repeated act of such a farce was unnecessary.

(For example, the family pressing the charges are well-known for several other court cases where they were trying to get money for things that never actually happened.)
    A huge settlement of money from a ex-superstar who's now practically broke.

So based on the verdict, it's all B.S. when the DA claimed in the beginning they have a strong case this time to nail him and put him behind bars. It's B.S. that the accuser is claimed 'unlikely to lie' cos the kid obviously lied based on the verdict. It's also B.S. with those 'dangeous serial child molestor' accusations from different witness accounts - the son of the former housekeeper, former maid, former business associate who claimed MJ gave spiked drinks to kids - cos they're all after MJ's money.

Unless you were seriously following the trial, you are
    really in no place to say half the things you have said.
    Not seriously. (I'm been told not take anything seriously these days.) But had a crash reading of news articles before posting.

So it's ok for a grown man to shower with or sleep in bed with boys that is not related to the man in blood, as long as nothing sexual goes on. Fair enough.

But based on the not-guilty verdict, one would think all the time and money would be in better use than wasting on a court case based on a repeated lie. What is the point?

And my Martha Stewart question was rhetorical... she is, indeed a big celebrity. You'd be hard pressed to find someone living in the United States who doesn't know who she is.
    But not outside the US.

Credits
    Personally I believe no one knows if MJ was guilty or not, except MJ.
    But I do believe where there's smoke there's fire.
    If He did not molest those kids, he has problems that may lead to molestation.
    It is not right to want to cuddle with other peoples children, alone no less.

Just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. Nothing.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    The Justice system is based on weight: the amount of money you have is how innocent you are. I'm sure if he was someone else the trial would be over in one week with a guilty verdict.

Justice is always for the rich and famous.
    Martha Stewart went to a minimun security jail, even with her private room, it even looked like a resort instead of a prison cell. After she came out, nothing changed for her lifestyle. It was just a paid vacation by the US government.

Why don't we just finish the job by flushing our brains down the toilet?

My DVD Collection

Credits
    Dont kno if he does molest kids or not.. but personally i reckon the guy is kinda stoopid in the sense that, any normal person who is accused of being a child molester would not attract more attention to himself by continuing to invite children into his home. He needs to find a new hobby!

Credits
    damn just lost 10 euros last night...... hehehe

but seriously this guy needs some help
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Gotta weigh in on this one. I'm with Mark... sorry Editman. I hope MJ gets brought up on charges AGAIN ... and SOON. The guy is a perverted child molestor, but has spent tons of money to keep witnesses quiet. Unfortunately, the people that finally came forward and were willing to testify were crooks themselves. As much as I would like to see MJ in prison, I probably would have voted not guilty to most of the charges too... just because the witnesses were proven to be so devious. (I would have still slammed him for the serving intoxicating drinks to minors .. they had him on that.)

I'm very proud of our justice system. The very fact that the jury let him go in light of the serious doubts that were raised proves that it works. It does not mean that MJ is INNOCENT. It only means that he was not found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The case was not proven. Just like in the OJ trial. I truly believe both are not innocent, but their guilt was not proven. This is the wonderful safe-guard of our justice system. And I, for one, would want to be tried in an American court over any other in the world, if I found myself accused. At least I would know that a jury of my peers would have to be convinced beyond a reasonable doubt before getting thrown into prison.

MJ will be back in court someday. He will continue molesting children until someone kills him or he dies.... or until he is caught red-handed. And I will be there to cheer on the prosecution in the next trial.

Great quote on the radio today:
    MJ's release just proves that you can always beat the rap if you are a very rich white man in America.
    Deep In The Heart Of Texas!
    My Movie Collection

Credits
    I watched this for almost an hour yesterday afternoon waiting for the verdict. Then I saw him walking out looking like he was sobbing like a kid. Truthfully, I am glad for him. He is very successful in the music business and I still enjoy his music. I don't think he deserves to go to prison.

However, I believe he needs to go to rehab or therapy of some sorts. I think he needs help. Only Michael Jackson and God (and perhaps some possible molested kids) knows if he has physically molested kids. If he hasn't, then I do think he's still bringing psychological harm to the kids. Like everyone thinks, it is extremely bizarre to sleep in bed with kids you're not related to.

If he is guilty, which I do believe he is myself, then I'm sure he have learned his lesson. Going through all this mess and trials and cops tearing his place up to find evidence shouldn't be so fun. I'm sure he wouldn't want to do this again. He might have freaked out a kid 10 or so years ago and got away with it. Then he probably thought to himself, "that wasn't so bad.. I'll just have to be more careful next time." Now he can really see how serious this is. I'm sure this whole thing really made his eyes widen up a lot. I don't think he would even let kids over his place anymore.

But as we all can see.. he's not thinking before he does something.

If someone went and told everyone that I have sexually molested him/her. I would b*tch at that stupid kid. I would NOT give him/her a single penny. I would fight for it for better or worse. Who knows what would happen to me.

But Michael Jackson got lucky. He has millions of fans, and I am one of them.
    Last edited by radstar; 06-14-2005 at 03:01 PM.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast