Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Thumbs down Fantastic Four Review

I just watched the movie last night and it left me a sour taste. I don’t know if I had higher expectations of it, but I didn’t like it at all. The movie is slow, it only has 2 actions sequences and the whole story seems to be addressed to an 8 year’s old kid. I believe that Evans did a great job as the Human Torch, but the rest was either over-acting or under-acting. Don’t get me wrong I’m not one of those guys that gives more credit to the acting, but if a movie have a little or none action, you will easily notice acting flaws.

If you are looking for a great comic hero movie, just watch Batman Begins if you didn’t see it, if you did saw it, watch it again. If you are looking for chill out some time in the movies, watch this movie, but do not expect too much from it. Is one of those one time view only movies.

Sorry for all those FF fans, probably they will have a great time, but I did not.

Why don't we just finish the job by flushing our brains down the toilet?

My DVD Collection

Credits
    What were you expecting from a movie that had its first trailer say "4 became good, 1 became bad." (or whatever).
    It is not enough 'I succeed'. Everyone else must fail.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by wireframe9
    What were you expecting from a movie that had its first trailer say "4 became good, 1 became bad." (or whatever).
    I don't know, probably 4 parts of the movie to be good and 1 part to be bad, not the other way around. But It was 4 became good at nothing and 1 became bad at everything.

Credits
    4 parts of the movie to be good and 1 part to be bad
    Haha.
    I was gonna see it to see MICHAEL CHIKLIS!!!!!!!!!!!! in a big role. Does he have a lot of screen time?
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    Thanks for your review, probably go and see it as it has Ioan Gruffudd and Julian McMahon, and I'm after a dumb action movie anyway, not life changing just enjoyable.

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a gangster.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkmanSIX
    Haha.
    I was gonna see it to see MICHAEL CHIKLIS!!!!!!!!!!!! in a big role. Does he have a lot of screen time?
    (Spoiler alert)

Yes, he does, but the whole I hate the guts for the bad guy, but I believed him, rather than my best friend , didn't rang my bell, it was just dumb, not to mention the blind girlfriend!

j7wild Guest
    it's really that bad?

I've been looking forward to this movie for over 13 years now, ever since James Cameron was originally attached to the project after the release of Terminator 2.

F4 is one of my all time favorite comic when I was a kid.

Guess I'll wait for the DVD and go see Dark Water and the sneak of the Island instead!!

I am so disappointed to hear it's no good!!

(the director previous work is Taxi and Barbershop; guess they couldn't find any experience ACTION film director for this film)

Credits
    personally I enjoyed it alot, to me it felt like the film was cast perfectly it was funny and had action it felt like it jumped from the comic page to the screen! I don't have any complaints about the film and for those who said that they felt let down by it and didn't live up to what you were expecting well all I can say is if you had seen the orginal 1994 version and then compaired '94 to '05 you probably would not be saying alot of bad things about the newer version of the film. in my opinion Fantastic Four (2005) is like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

P.S. for the one who said that giving the Thing a blind girlfriend was stupid, well that just proves you never read a Fantastic Four comic in your life becasue if you did you would have known that was Alicia Masters the moment she bought the Thing a drink

(pics of the 1994 Fantastic Four are below)

Keep in mind the pics above are from the 1994 Version of Fantastic Four
    and do not represent 20th Century Fox's Fantastic Four which opened July 08, 2005

Credits

I really liked this movie!

I thought this was a very entertaining movie. It had everything a movie goer could want, action, drama, romantic tension, a lot of humor, and eventually good confronting evil.

To the people who said the movie was too slow and didn't have enough action, I will partially agree that it had a lot of story on the FF with just a few action series, but having said this I thought the story was told so well that it didn't seem to slow the movie down. Remember any of these superhero movies in their first installment must first introduce the hero and the villian and explain how they came to be that person. In this case, you had 4 good guys you had to introduce with a lot of background story like Ben Grimm's reluctance as The Thing & Reed Richard's and Sue Storm's relationship for just two examples. In movies like Spiderman and Batman, you have only one hero and one villian to explain therefore they have less story to slow the movie down. This movie was very much like the first X-men movie with several heros/villians to explain, and if memory serves me it was heavy on story and lite on action compared with X2.

I think that everyone who enjoy superhero/action movies should see this movie and judge it for themselves, but I can say I left the theater smiling and wanting to see it again.

Thanks for listening to my 2 cents,
    Chan Frederick

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by clfred
    I thought this was a very entertaining movie. It had everything a movie goer could want, action, drama, romantic tension, a lot of humor, and eventually good confronting evil.

To the people who said the movie was too slow and didn't have enough action, I will partially agree that it had a lot of story on the FF with just a few action series, but having said this I thought the story was told so well that it didn't seem to slow the movie down. Remember any of these superhero movies in their first installment must first introduce the hero and the villian and explain how they came to be that person. In this case, you had 4 good guys you had to introduce with a lot of background story like Ben Grimm's reluctance as The Thing & Reed Richard's and Sue Storm's relationship for just two examples. In movies like Spiderman and Batman, you have only one hero and one villian to explain therefore they have less story to slow the movie down. This movie was very much like the first X-men movie with several heros/villians to explain, and if memory serves me it was heavy on story and lite on action compared with X2.

I think that everyone who enjoy superhero/action movies should see this movie and judge it for themselves, but I can say I left the theater smiling and wanting to see it again.

Thanks for listening to my 2 cents,
    Chan Frederick
    I stand fully behind what I said and I fully 100% agree with what clfred had said on this issue. the movie is Fantastic and if you enjoyed X-Men you should enjoy this as well

Credits
    i liked it

Credits
    Moved thread to General Chatter - Movie-Related.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    not a movie i would pay a ticket for but i may rent it when it comes out on dvd

Credits
    you should give it a go bendermac, you might be suprised, the humor was good and the effects were even better. Mr Fantastic is Fantastic!

Credits

Go see it!!

I agree with HamishT. If you like superhero films bendermac, you should go see the film.

To me, it may be the most entertaining superhero film that I have seen, especially to be the opening background film with a lot of story and limited action.

From what I have read from other fan reviews that if you are diehard fan of the comic book and that the film must stay true to the comics to be any good, then film is only a good movie and it may dissappoint you. But if you are like me and know who the Fantastic Four, but haven't followed the comic book and it's every story, you will enjoy this film.

P.S. Thanks for the kind words Web Slinger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast