Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

1000 Club Membership

so i finally made it as well. i have been sitting on 999 posts now for about a week trying to figure how to mark this occasion.

i remember a thread about two years ago (or more) that had everyone post what they looked like (what they really looked like). i, however, chose not to post my image as i really didn't feel like i was part of the group. since then,i have befriended a few of the core members here and it has really made a difference. but i think what i have been missing is my own fault....no one knows who i am, really. so, this is my own "about me" thread...

I was born in 1969 in Charleston, South Carolina. My father is a nuclear engineer who develops safety systems for power plants. My mother is an accountant working for a car dealership. They both live in Michigian. I have 2 sisters, no brothers and I am the oldest. ( i biologically have 4 sisters, but two have been disowned.really.)

I currently live in the plywood state, also known as Florida. In the middle of a bible-thumping, conservative town called Pensacola. I have lived here for the past 3+ years. I am also a vagabond, which means i like move around alot. I have lived in 26 of the 48 lower states including New Jersey, New York, Pennslyvania, California, South Carolina, Virginia, Massachusetts and others. I work for the Department of Defence as a Flash Developer, creating web-based training modules for the Air Force 19th SOS (C-130 airplanes). The company I work for is Lockheed-Martin and i have worked for them for the past 8 years on suchs contracts as the Japanese Navy, Spanish Navy and our own military (Army,Navy and Marines).

I have been married for the past 11 years to a girl i met at party for the band i was working for at the time. her best friend was dating my roommate in college and we were supposed to only be a 1 night stand (really). we've been together ever since and have only been apart no longer than 22 days. I also have a beautiful little boy (old Gaelic for Battle Lord) who just turned 4 last Saturday.

I call myself an atheist but i tend to lean more towards agnostic. my wife has been actively practicing wicca for the past 18 years so I have followed that path as well.(though, when i do, i refuse to call myself wiccan. i prefer the term Pagan as it tends to send people over the top when they think you worship the devil.)

Don't know what else to say about me other than the fact that I am 6'3", weigh about 210lbs, i have 12 tattoos, 1 piercing (not telling) and i have stretched my ears out to 00g (9mm).... i think i covered more bases than anyone really wanted.

Hopefully, with me opening my life to everyone, i will become an even bigger part of this community that i have called home for the past three years (eventhough it says i joined in may 2002, i have been a member here since sept of '00. that old account got lost when i moved to florida).

oh, and here is what i look like for those of you who are curious as to what i look like ....
    Last edited by redbear; 04-22-2010 at 08:07 AM.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Congratualations from someone who is FAR from 1000.
    Hope to see you here when I get there.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    Very nice post. Always fun to read more about the familiars here.
    Nice moving statistics =)

/ Gaumont
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    :big grin: :big grin: Congratualations papa bear!! :big grin: :big grin:

Happy to put a face now on my buddy!

Credits
    Nice to know you, congrats on your #1000!

Credits
    That's a great idea. I should put something up like that. Makes the forum a little more familiar!
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    Happy 1,000! I've got confetti and a cake...

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Thumbs up

welcome @ da club mate

we're happy family, we're happy family... :big grin:

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    Hey, great post and very interesting bio.
    Hehe, I own some shares of LMT, I hope they paid you in stock a few years back.

So you help train people to fly this kickass thing?

My uncle used to fly the C-130 for the Coast Guard a few years back before he retired.

Credits
    Congrats on the 1000th post
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    thanks for all the comments. i do enjoy being here. even if i come off as being a prick sometimes....

and Jake, yes...that is exactly the airship we train with (there are three models we are using actually).

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by red bear
    and Jake, yes...that is exactly the airship we train with (there are three models we are using actually).
    I'm too lazy to actually research this but is Pensacola a really Top Gun/ Air Force thing kind of a town? I know the Blue Angels are stationed there and I love Air Shows. NYC has a lot of UH-60 exercises which put on quite a show but I imagine jets make a bigger impression.

Credits
    Thanks for the post Red Bear, and happy 1000th. It's nice to see people open up and share who they really are, not the easiest thing to do.

I always enjoy your jaded humor on here, even if sarcasm isn't always easily translated over the internet.

Credits
    Congratualations

Credits
    hey man welcome to the club

its an awesome milestone

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast