Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Cool The most gorgeous quote about why people drink wine - from "Sideways"

Just wanted to share this - it's the best reason to drink wine ever!

Said by character of Maya (Virginia Madsen) from "Sideways"

...I like to think about the life of wine...How it's a living thing. I like to think about what was going on the year the grapes were growing; how the sun was shining; if it rained. I like to think about all the people who tended and picked the grapes. And if it's an old wine, how many of them must be dead by now.

I like how wine continues to evolve, like if I opened a bottle of wine today it would taste different than if I'd opened it on any other day, because a bottle of wine is actually alive. And it's constantly evolving and gaining complexity. That is, until it peaks, like your '61. And then it begins its steady, inevitable decline...And it tastes so f*****g good.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    I personally can barely taste the difference between wines. I have had a fair share, ranging from a $2 box to $100 glass. There is not a very noticeable difference to me - which definitely deters me from spending part of my salary on something I'm going to piss out.

Credits
    one of my ex-girlfriends was a wine distributor and would have these taste-tests all over the country. so naturally, the whole time i was with her, all i did was drink wine, so i grew a taste for it. my favorite wine was Gregorian and man, that was just awesome. brings back some memories....

awesome quote BTW...
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson