Ok, here goes.

Last week, my computer crashed and after calling technical support, it turns out that I had a corrupt file (or so they tell me). So now I have Windows back up and running, I downloaded a new version of McAfee Virus scan, just in case of viruses and stuff. The only problem now is, that when I start up windows it takes FOREVER to get past the welcome screen. It says Windows is now starting up and stays on that screen for ALOT longer than what it used to. Also, when I try to go to a website that has a lot of pictures, half of the pictures don't load (using IE). And another thing, too, is that when I try to click on Control Panel and go to Add/Remove Programs, it immediately says that Windows Explorer has encountered a problem. Also, my BearShare program (file-sharing for those who don't know) stays on for about 10 min. then says that it encounters a problem. Anyone know what's going on here? Things were fine two weeks ago and all of a sudden, BOOM, nothing works the way it use to. On a side note, when I use AOL, everything works perfectly. I thought I had a problem with IE and when I tried to reinstall it, it says a previous version needs to finish being reinstalled, but the Windows Installer never pops up for it, just an installer for Works 2002 that I never took off and can't seem to get rid of. Can someone help me please?

P.S. How hard would it be to install a new, upgraded processor in my laptop? I don't feel like sending it off to have someone do it in 5 min. and charge me $100 for it.