Page 1 of 27 123 11 ... LastLast
    Credits

What are you reading?

I thought I'd start a thread for any book lovers on the board. I don't think we have one.

Last book I read was Jarhead by Anthony Swafford. This is the book that the upcoming movie is based on. I enjoyed it and it brought an interesting point of view on life in the USMC. Swafford spent several years as a sniper in the Marines. The book covers parts of his boot camp experiences, training missions, combat missions and life as a jarhead. I only wish that it was longer! The most interesting parts I found were the ones about Desert Storm. They also seem to be some of the shortest part as the ground war didn't last very long. They were there longer for Desert Shield. I am looking forward to the movie and can't wait to see it.

I'm currently reading The Da Vinci Code with a big thanks to Kn'thark. Alright I'm approaching the mid point and it's starting to get interesting. Hopefully it lives up to the hype the rest of the way.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    I'm reading Interactive Computer Graphics for a class. The novel I'm trying to read for fun is The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    A swedish book, "och kedja Lilith i kedjor" by Åsa Schwartz. Not very good so far, but its for my book circle so i'll finish it.

&

"Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell" by Susanna Clarke. I'm about 2/3 done, and i'm loving it so far. The language alone makes it a worthy read.

&

At work im trying to read "Eon" by Greg Bear & "Come in Alone" by Warren Ellis on my brakes.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    2 books

Bed Elton - Dead Famous
    Ian McPhedran - The inside story of Australi'a special forces The Amazing S.A.S.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    White Wolf from David Gemmell (heroic fantasy)

Credits
    Just finished "The Dante Club" by Matthew Pearl (I really liked it) and now I'm reading Tom Clancy's "Clear and Present Danger".

Credits
    Currently re-reading Battle Royale by Koushun Takami. Book's just as good as the movie.

Credits
    Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy".

Credits
    just finished Hitchhikers Guide, reading Nebe pod Berlinem /Heaven under the Berlin/ by Czech author Jaroslav Rudis, The Fist of God by Frederick Forsyth, History of Film /1st part - 1895-1918/ by Jerzy Toeplitz (really great film historian from Poland) - Iīm reading this one for more than 5 months, lol, my librarianīs not gonna like me....Getting Even by Woody Allen. Not so far, when I finished Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince. Didnt like it as older HPs. īve got no more brain capacities for reading (considering a fact, that I read four more magazines /Premiere, Cinema, Stereo and Video, Chip/...oh, and I forgot - I go to school!
    Me angry! Whereīs my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chernabog_ca
    I thought I'd start a thread for any book lovers on the board. I don't think we have one.

I'm currently reading The Da Vinci Code with a big thanks to Kn'thark. Alright I'm approaching the mid point and it's starting to get interesting. Hopefully it lives up to the hype the rest of the way.

Da Vinci Code is quite good, but I think that the best one by Dan Brown is Deception Point. Try it, there are different characters but the storyline is quite same. But its, of course, turning around another plot. Dont you guys read Angels and Demons, what a piece of s...t! Theres some new book by Brown, dunno the name, my momīs readinī it, so Iīll have to wait. Somethink īround computers or somethink like that, dunno...

Credits
    Last book I read was Jarhead as well, very good, very quick and very entertaining.
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jackieboy39
    Da Vinci Code is quite good, but I think that the best one by Dan Brown is Deception Point. Try it, there are different characters but the storyline is quite same. But its, of course, turning around another plot. Dont you guys read Angels and Demons, what a piece of s...t! Theres some new book by Brown, dunno the name, my momīs readinī it, so Iīll have to wait. Somethink īround computers or somethink like that, dunno...

I read Angels & Demons. I found it pretty good up until just before the end. Then it got a little too "Hollywood-ish". Espically Langdon jumping from the helicopter part

I think the book your mom is reading is Digital Fortress.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chernabog_ca
    ...I think the book your mom is reading is Digital Fortress.
    Digital Fortress was a great book, I'm reading John Saul's The Blackstone Chronicles.

Why don't we just finish the job by flushing our brains down the toilet?

My DVD Collection

Credits
    I also just finished Jarhead, great read.
    Before that I read The Devil in Connecticut by, Gerald Brittle, and the graphic novel Batman: Knightfall by Dirk Maggs, which was REALLY good.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    I go to my bedroom to be alone and I pick up my book. I start to read and my wife walks in and asks what I'm doing. I explain that I'm trying to read and she reluctantly goes away. I start to read again and my daughter walks in and asks what I'm doing. I explain that I'm trying to read and she reluctantly goes away. I start to read again and my cat walks in and sits on my book. I put down the book, take her out of the room and close the door. I pick up the book and start to read again. I read a couple of pages and fall asleep.

It's not easy being dad.

When I'm not interupted or sleeping, I am reading "Diary of a Madman" by Nicolai Gogol.

Page 1 of 27 123 11 ... LastLast