Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
    Credits
    Currently reading Jean Giraudoux plays...
    *)
    .~.~*) .~*)
    (.~ (.~ `(.)~
    My Listology profile

Credits
    "Four Word Film Reviews- The Book" Funny but fairly brutal towards some great flicks.
    "Heart and humour and humility will lighten your heavy load"
    Joni Mitchell

Credits
    I've been reading the "Barsoom" (aka "John Carter of Mars") series over the last couple of weeks. I've never read them before. I've gotten through "A Princess of Mars," "The Gods of Mars" and "Warlord of Mars" and am currently working on "Thuvia, Maid of Mars."

I must say (and maybe this is a comment better for the trailer threads) after reading "A Princess of Mars" and then watching the trailers for "John Carter," I don't see a whole lot of resemblence in story, but maybe that is just me (or maybe that is intentional).
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    I'm working my way through the writings of the Physicist Richard Feynman - I was already familiar with the Feynman Lectures. I started with "The Pleasure of Finding Things Out" with is fascinating and laugh out loud funny. I then moved onto his popular science books "Six Easy Pieces" and "Six Not So Easy Pieces".

I'm now reading "Surely You're joking Mr Feynman". I highly recommend that you read him.

Credits
    I picked up "H.P. Lovecraft: Great Tales of Horror" the other day. I've never read his work before, but I've heard a lot about it, so I was curious.

H.P. Lovecraft: Great Tales of Horror features twenty of horror master H.P. Lovecraft's classic stories, among them some of the greatest works of horror fiction ever written, including: "The Rats in the Walls," "Pickman's Model," "The Colour out of Space," "The Call of Cthulhu," "The Dunwich Horror," "The Shadow over Innsmouth," "At the Mountains of Madness," "The Shadow out of Time," and "The Haunter of the Dark."

Credits
    Currently reading "The Power and the Glory" by Graham Greene.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

Credits
    Currently reading "The Wind Through the Keyhole" by Stephen King (basically Dark Tower 4.5).

Credits
    I dont read non fiction books as a rule (too lazy or tired?) but i couldnt put down "Moonwalking with Einstein" by Joshua Foer and since seen a youtube interview with author. Had previously thought Memory Palace was an invention of Hannibal Lecter/Thomas Harris and not ancient Greeks.

Boy, I can be dumb at times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems like really hard work to train my memory- too hard

Credits
    Carte Blanche by Jeffery Deaver ~ the new James Bond novel

Credits
    IMHO Jeffrey Deaver plays too many tricks on the reader [not fair, not fair at all ! ] but then again maybe he's needed to write 007!!!!! I'm currently trying to read latest Nevada Barr book re Anna Pigeons career beginning but too many distractions in my own life at present

Looking forward to "Skyfall"
    Last edited by Oldfart; 06-15-2012 at 04:54 AM. Reason: 'cos it is primarily a movie website

Credits
    This is only my first time reading a Jeffrey Deaver novel. I don't know what to expect from him but so far I really like this. I think this will turn out pretty interesting when it get adapted for the big screen.

Credits
    I think I was a little too harsh saying he tricked the reader, he certainly does not make it easy on the reader to follow all the clues and red herrings. And he did inherit the mission- licence to write thrillers from Ian Fleming's estate previously from Raymond Benson who also wrote some good Bond yarns, Zero plus 10 and Doubleshot spring to mind, who inherited from etc etc.

Jeffrey Deaver writes great thriller all the Lincoln Rhyme books and Kathryn Dance plus the book about the deaf school pupils bus which was made into telemovie with James Garner and Marlee Matlin (sp?). (sorry re being vague and not providing links - my internet connection is tenuous at the best. Please let me know how you enjoy it or otherwise. I understand he was a folk singer in NY city Has anyone heard him sing or play?????

Credits
    I'm re-reading the "Thrawn Trilogy" that Timothy Zahn wrote to really kick off the original Star Wars novels in the early 90s. I had read it before, but I had borrowed it from the library. I recently picked up the three for myself (and naturally, I had to read them to make sure they worked).

Credits
    Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb, very good!

Credits
    I finally got around to picking up "The Hunger Games". I hadn't read it (or seen the movie), but I'm really enjoying the book.