Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast
    Credits
    I've finish all Asterix comics. I can't believe how much historic facts we can find in these. This was a good idea to start them. My top 5:

Asterix #5: Asterix and the Banquet, René Goscinny and Albert Uderzo
    Asterix #10: Asterix the Legionary, René Goscinny and Albert Uderzo
    Asterix #3: Asterix and the Goths, René Goscinny and Albert Uderzo
    Asterix #20: Asterix in Corsica, René Goscinny and Albert Uderzo
    Asterix #15: Asterix and the Roman Agent, René Goscinny and Albert Uderzo

I think I will take a break before starting the Tintin series.
    I'm currently reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, I'm still in the beginning, nice.
    *´¨)
    ¸.~´¸.~*´¨) ¸.~*¨)
    (¸.~´ (¸.~´ `(•.°)~
    My Listology profile

Credits
    Asterix is fantastic. I can read them again and again and again... Just brilliant! "Asterix in Corsica" is the first one I've ever read.

Credits
    At the moment, I'm reading "The Dark Flower" by John Galsworthy.

Credits
    Terry Pratchett - Guards! Guards!
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    Brian Shuster "Minerva Virus"

http://www.amazon.com/Minerva-Virus-.../dp/0970365225

everyone and anyone who has a computer or has access to a computer should read this book!!

Credits
    I've just finished Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and I like it!!!
    At first, I had a bad apprehension (I hate Mansfield Park, the characters are so stupids), but I enter deep in PnP. I want a Mr. Darcy!!! The book is in my top 20 now. There's a lot of suspense in the book. Even if you have seen the movie, it can be fun to read if you like that kind of book. Better than Sense and Sensibility IMO.

I don't really what to read next, it's always my problem.
    I think I will beginning to read Christian Jacq books, I've like ten books from him and I never read one. The one which I think is (lit. The queen Sun). Or something else, I always guessing...
    Or I will begin that HUGE biography about Alexander the Great by Valerio Manfredi in 3 volumes.
    I'm not sure yet...

Credits
    For the rest of the month I'm planning to read Emma by Jane Austen and fifteen Sailor Moon comics by Naoko Takeuchi (I miss the last 3 comics). That brings out so much memories to me.

I feel so girly right now.

Credits
    I decide to re-read all the Sailor Moon comics I had (15 in total). This was not as good as when I was a kid. The publicity of derived products annoyed me. Damn, in my memories SM roxxor!!! I remember that this is because of Sailor Moon that I started to eat rice, because it was asian lol.
    This is sad that I'm not feeling the same magic again. Some graphics are nice, but there is a lot of repetitions...
    But I think it could be good for kids. If my best friend got a girl, I will probably give it to her.

Big deception....

Credits
    I just started The Devil Wears Prada
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Went on a Star Wars Kick.

5/5

4/5

5/5

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits

Thumbs up Temeraire [The King's Dragon]

Reading first in what is so far a trilogy of books by Naomi Novik [U.S. Title is His Majesty's Dragon , not as shown in title of this post], I have to admit my first dragon book since reading Anne Mc Caffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series over 30 years ago. I have the second in trilogy The Jade Throne to read next afterwards

Very much enjoying it as it is not only fantasy which is no longer really a favourite genre of mine, but also Alternate history which very definitely is.

Of course I was inspired to order it from library by information in this thread http://www.movie-list.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16449
    Last edited by Oldfart; 11-03-2006 at 12:13 PM. Reason: correction of U.S. title
    "Heart and humour and humility will lighten your heavy load"
    Joni Mitchell

Credits
    Doing my list of my 1000 favorite paintings take all my free time right now, but I look forward to read soon "The Meaning Of Liff" & "The Deeper Meaning Of Liff" by Douglas Adams & John Lloyd (those books look funny as hell), plus "Emma" by Jane Austen...

Credits
    I really must start re-reading Jane Austen. I remember being pleasantly surprised that I actually enjoyed them, after being forced by teachers to read them.

Thanks Nance for reminding me that there are a couple of Douglas Adams books I've yet to read. Have you read "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency" ? IMO opinion even funnier than the Hitchhiker series if that is possible.

I'm in the middle of reading (in a couple of cases re-reading) about 4 books at the moment, but not really in a reading mindset....too restless......

Credits
    Cross by James Patterson
    WOW! 5/5.
    One of the best from the Alex Cross series.
    I read this book in two days, couldn't put it down.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Thanks Nance for reminding me that there are a couple of Douglas Adams books I've yet to read. Have you read "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency" ? IMO opinion even funnier than the Hitchhiker series if that is possible.
    I didn't read any Dirk Gently's books yet, but it's on my to-buy list. Funny, I heard of the series for the first time just couple some weeks ago, when reading on web the great opening lines from novels.
    I discover the one by Douglas Adams' The Long Dark Tea Time Of The Soul:

"It can hardly be a coincidence that no language on Earth has ever produced the expression “as pretty as an airport”. Airports are ugly. Some are very ugly. Some attain a degree of ugliness that can only be the result of a special effort. This ugliness arises because airports are full of people who are tired, cross, and have just discovered that their luggage has landed in Murmansk, and architects have on the whole tried to reflect this in their designs."

I can't believe I didn't really read this month. This is rare. I've read a bit of Emma and a bit of a biography of Beethoven, but I think I will fully read the new pocket book of Bernard Werber, "Nous, les dieux" (lit. Us, Gods). I don't know what it's all about but I'm a big fan of Werber (as I am for Douglas Adams).

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast