Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Hi, a few questions on Blade runner

hi , i am new as you can see, i am just a little stuck with a assignment and need a little help or pointers with an assignment.
    i posted this on another forum but didnt get the reply i needed, i would greatly appreciate it if you could help thanks.

-- What are the similarities and differences between the begining and ending of the film blade runner?
    (any points or comments welcome)

-- What are the similarities and differences between the blade runner and motorcycle diaries?
    (any points and comments welcome)

-- and finally what are the relation of sound, editing and cinematogrophy of the film blade runner?

thank you for your help

Credits
    Are you speaking of the Director's cut of Blade Runner with the good ending or the theatrical cut of Blade Runner.

As for you question on the comparison with Motorcycle Diaries, both characters go on a journey of sorts, and both have a companion to act as a "consience". Decker has the woman, and Che has his best bud.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Piazzola
    -- and finally what are the relation of sound, editing and cinematogrophy of the film blade runner?
    thanks this relation we have really good SF movie...

Credits
    What are the similarities and differences between the beginning and ending of the film blade runner?

Well as the previous poster stated if we're talking about the standard '82 theatrical version the differences between the beginning & the end of Blade Runner are drastic.

The film opens in a miasma of rain soaked darkness clustered on all sides by industry, pollution & technical overload while the end of the film features an escape of sorts by car in stark daylight especially with the sunlight streaking through Deckard's spinner's windows where both occupants smile for the future that is literally ahead of them.

With the director's cut, released in '92, the ending is more ambiguous as elevator doors close on the escaping Deckard & Rachael, leaving the audience to ponder their possible futures.

In terms of simularities, I would venture to say that there isn't any in both versions of the film. Both endings, especially the original version's, are markedly optimistic.

What are the similarities and differences between blade runner and motorcycle diaries?

We have journeys undertaken by 2 individuals, Che in The Motorcycle Diaries & Deckard in Blade Runner, to unravel the beast that is the human being as he interacts with the world at large.

The differences would be Che's journey is a positive one whereby all the experiences he goes through form his future worldview as to his relationships with human beings in all shape & sizes, whether privileged & well off, as his interlude with his girlfriend's family or the impoverished & unwell, the husband/wife miners or the leper colony. All his experiences serve him well as we see the great albeit controversial humanist he would become.

In Deckard's case, here we have an individual already codified in his vision of his surroundings. He's cynical, untrusting & cold hearted. Only through his experiences with replicants, cloned humans seeking their own humanity, does his own self come into sharp focus.

Credits
    thank you so very much, and yes i was to comment on the directors cut dvd edition of blade runner.

Credits
    i can seem to muster about a 1000 word essay from the info you provided but im still at a great loss, i need to add 300 more words and im losing hope faster than pop idol contestants. any more info would be greatly appreciated thank you