Thanks Thanks:  0

View Poll Results: Do you like the new costume?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah!! change is good

5 23.81%
  • Noooo Spider-Man is & will always be red and blue

16 76.19%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Spider-Man's new costume

Noooooo! What the hell are they doing now!!!

Like some of you know i'm a huge Spider-Man fan, maybe not as big as Star Wars but close. I've been collecting SM comic books since i was 8 years old; i'm 31 now so do the math. I’ve got quite a few home.

For the past 2 month they are changing good old Spidey... but are they changing him for the best?? We’ll have to wait and see. First they told us that he as a bizzard illness then they kill him! (Yep 2 issue ago he died) now he has new powers and ??? a new costume??? To take a famous sentence «I have a bad feeling about this»

Tell me what you think!

This is from Marvel.com

Word has been building for months now, and comic fans have been dying to know- what is Spider-Man’s new costume?! Well, folks, here it is! Recognize the color scheme? You should, it’s playing an important role in the future of the web-slinger!

After the shocking events in "The Other" storyline, Peter recieves this new costume to help him adjust to his newest developments, as well as giving him some added muscle! Designed by Marvel Editor-In-Chief Joe Quesada, this new design has a few tricks up its sleeve. "The Iron Spider design- as I like to call it- came to me during a Spider-Man story meeting we were having, we were talking and I was involuntarily sketching on a pad. It's inspired by a sketch that Chris Bachalo did that showed a new Spidey costume with <CLASSIFIED>. I thought that was brilliant, especially since it echoed one of Spidey's greatest villains, and I took the idea and imagined it as though seeing it through the eyes of Tony Stark. The sky's the limit with respect to gadgetry when it comes to Tony inspired costumes."

Every "gift" has its cost, and this new look for Spidey will signal the beginnings of change, especially as it comes on the eve of the upcoming Civil War. Spider-Man has developed a growing trust and friendship with Iron Man, but how much in debt is Peter’s loyalty to Tony Stark going to cost him in the long run? If the color scheme is any indication, well... Joe Quesada says, "I imagined Tony presenting Peter with the new suit and Peter putting it on and saying that it looks great but that his colors are red and blue. Tony would simply respond, ‘My design, my colors!’"

What is it that Joe is talking about that’s classified? How will Spidey’s relationship to Tony - and the new costume- play into Civil War?! You’ll have to read the books to see! But, it is safe to see that when it comes to this new costume, there is much more to the story! Look for the new costume to debut in February’s Amazing Spider-Man #529.
    Last edited by Jedi Master; 12-08-2006 at 09:30 AM.

Credits
    Eww those colours dont even go together.

Credits
    They won't keep it that for long. Something tells me that there will be many complaints.

Red and blue forever!

Credits
    I as well am a big Spider-Man fan but have not been able to keep up with it as of late but still try to pick up a issue here and there but thanks to Wizard i'm still in the loop. Anyway....this thing this costume is the out come of "the Other" storyline? now I don't like it, I don't like it at all. It in a way reminds me of that god awful Spider-Man Unlimited garbage but I can see the Venom-ish referance that they make but still its a horrorable suit infact its beyond horrorable. but alass it is not the first costume change that he has went through remember the Black and White Symbiote look? all in all even though I don't like the look it won't last I give it about 6 months to a year then there will come a reason story wise that he will have to change back to his orginal costume. Lets not forget another hight profile change, remember "Eletro Superman"

Credits
    im a little hesitant about this. i loved it when Spidey had his first costume change during the first Secret Wars (what eventually went on to become Venom). and during the Clone Wars storyline, with the Scarlet Spider, I liked his costume as well. i like the look of this but i think they need to stay with a red n blue theme. I am all for updating the look of Spidey but there is something that needs to remind of where he started.

also, something to think about...this looks like just a rough sketch. wait until someone gets some time to really bring this idea out and im sure it will look totally different.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    only one thing to say: FUNNY!
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    I give it 6 month to. I remember when spidey had to chage his identity 'cause he was a wanted man.... ahhh man what a corny story. For those who don't know what i'm talking about. Spider-Man was accuse of something that he diden't do...again and he had to change his costume. He took 4 new identity

#1 Prodigy (He wore bullet-proof armor, and a cape which allowed him to glide)

#2 Hornet (He wore a suit of flight-capable powered armor.)
    Sorry no cover for him

#3 Ricochet (He used throwing discs in combat)

#4 Dusk (He had the powers to appear and disappear)

Credits
    Well in the grand scheme of things this isn't Spidy's first nor will it be his last costume change in total I think there must have been 20 to 50 costume changes over the years. He has even had specialized suits for certain villains such as an insolated suit for facing Electro and a type of "wet suit" for fights with Hydroman. While thinking about this topic many of the changes came to mind such as:

The Black Symbiote
    Scarlet Spider
    The Spider Armor
    Spider Carnage (Carnage takes over Ben Riley)
    Captain Universe
    The NEW Spider-Man (Ben Riley takes over being Spider-Man)
    The Slingers Suits
    The Amazing Bagman
    and even Spider Ross

and there was a few more that happened in there along the way but all in all it all went back to being the original Red and Blue design. So like I said I'm not
    to worried within about 6 months the story will lead back to the original design. but in the end its not the first change and it won't be the last.

Small Gallery of Spider-Man Costumes

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master

Noooooo! What the hell are they doing now!!!

Like some of you know i'm a huge Spider-Man fan, maybe not as big as Star Wars but close. I've been collecting SM comic books since i was 8 years old; i'm 31 now so do the math. I’ve got quite a few home.

For the past 2 month they are changing good old Spidey... but are they changing him for the best?? We’ll have to wait and see. First they told us that he as a bizzard illness then they kill him!
    Also, that is not the first time Spider-Man as "Died" in I think the mid to late 70s the original Kraven The Hunter "Kills" him. if you haven't read it Kraven doesn't actually Kill him but thinks he has a burries the body but Spidey digs himself out and comes back. I think it was shortly after that when Kraven kills himself and his son takes over.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Web_Slinger
    Also, that is not the first time Spider-Man as "Died" in I think the mid to late 70s the original Kraven The Hunter "Kills" him. if you haven't read it Kraven doesn't actually Kill him but thinks he has a burries the body but Spidey digs himself out and comes back. I think it was shortly after that when Kraven kills himself and his son takes over.
    I remember the story about Kraven, but this time Spidey actually died in the «Other» story (Ref. Friendly neighborhood Spider-Man # 3)
    Last edited by Jedi Master; 12-08-2006 at 09:30 AM.

Credits
    Spiderman wouldn't be Spiderman without his Red & Blue suit. That would be like putting Santa Claus in an Orange & Purple Suit.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Web_Slinger
    Well in the grand scheme of things this isn't Spidy's first nor will it be his last costume change in total I think there must have been 20 to 50 costume changes over the years. He has even had specialized suits for certain villains such as an insolated suit for facing Electro and a type of "wet suit" for fights with Hydroman. While thinking about this topic many of the changes came to mind such as:

The Black Symbiote
    Scarlet Spider
    The Spider Armor
    Spider Carnage (Carnage takes over Ben Riley)
    Captain Universe
    The NEW Spider-Man (Ben Riley takes over being Spider-Man)
    The Slingers Suits
    The Amazing Bagman
    and even Spider Ross

and there was a few more that happened in there along the way but all in all it all went back to being the original Red and Blue design. So like I said I'm not
    to worried within about 6 months the story will lead back to the original design. but in the end its not the first change and it won't be the last.

Small Gallery of Spider-Man Costumes

good points. i had forgotten about some of those. i think the Kraven/Spidey's death was in the "Spiderman" series taken off by MacFarlance when he was still in Marvel. i think that would be late 80's/early 90s ....

also, historically speaking, Santa has not always worn a red and white costume. (im pretty sure that was a Coke advertising thing)

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by red bear
    good points. i had forgotten about some of those. i think the Kraven/Spidey's death was in the "Spiderman" series taken off by MacFarlance when he was still in Marvel. i think that would be late 80's/early 90s ....

also, historically speaking, Santa has not always worn a red and white costume. (im pretty sure that was a Coke advertising thing)

Nope, McFarlane had nothing to do with it. He came in after that. The Kraven/Spidey's death was done by J.M. DeMatteis and Mike Zeck.
    J.M. DeMatteis wrote it and Mike Zeck did the artwork.
    but the story did take place in 1987 so you were right on that
    but McFarlane's first major work on Spider-Man is noted as 1988
    when he joined writer David Michelinie on Marvel's The Amazing Spider-Man.
    McFarlane also drew the first appearance of Venom.
    Last edited by the_Web_Slinger; 01-22-2006 at 01:45 AM.

Credits
    these are the comics i was refering to. i used to ahve these but no longer do, so i am going by memory ::

i really thoguht that the first couple of issues dealt with the death of Spidey at Kraven's hands. again, this might be a retelling but like i said, i lost these so i am going by memory. also, the first issue came out in 1990,so i was in the ballpark.....

Credits
    These issues didn't deal with the death of Spider-Man. He was fighting The Lizard and a crazy witch that was the lover of Kraven. Spider-Man won the fight. He didn't die. These issues were also collected in a trade paperback collecting Spider-Man #1-6. It was one of the earlier collections that I've read.
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by red bear
    these are the comics i was refering to. i used to ahve these but no longer do, so i am going by memory ::

i really thoguht that the first couple of issues dealt with the death of Spidey at Kraven's hands. again, this might be a retelling but like i said, i lost these so i am going by memory. also, the first issue came out in 1990,so i was in the ballpark.....
    Ok I know what your talking about now, I reconize the covers and come to think of it I think I even have this stuff. also I though you were talking about the same thing I was talking about but this story happened I think shortly after the Death of Kraven and took place before his son took over I think.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkShed
    These issues didn't deal with the death of Spider-Man. He was fighting The Lizard and a crazy witch that was the lover of Kraven. Spider-Man won the fight. He didn't die. These issues were also collected in a trade paperback collecting Spider-Man #1-6. It was one of the earlier collections that I've read.
    Now you are right, and I was just going to say the samething before I seen your post. the crazy witch was sometype of voodoo priestess who was a lover of Kraven and she was plaining to bring him back from the dead or something like that and to make matter worse Spidy had the Lizard nipping at his heels, although I can't remember how he fitted into it all I guess it is time to get those issues out and refreshaify my memory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast