Thanks Thanks:  1
    Credits

No audio after converting

Hi, I have the latest Quicktime player 7(not pro) and have been downloading trailers by right clicking and then clicking on Save as Quicktime Movie file. Works fine on the trailers that allow this. When I click on the file on my HD, Quicktime Player opens and plays the trailer just fine.
    I then convert the file to vob using WinAVI. After this I have no audio on about 50% of them. The converted file has a Nero Showtime logo and Nero Showtime begins playing the trailer when I open the file, but half the time the audio is missing. I can't tell if the audio is lost by WinAVI when I convert or the problem is the Nero Player. Any idea where the problem may lie?

Credits
    It depends on if WinAVI can convert 2.0 and/or 5.1 aac files to ac3.
    Vob's use ac3 (dolby digital) and HD quicktime uses aac.

Credits
    I emailed WinAVI tech support. They want to know if the source files that are missing the audio after conversion to vob have audio when played with Windows Media Player. They don't.
    I tried a few. If the Quicktime Movie file will play with audio in Windows Media player prior to conversion, it has audio after conversion to vob. If the Quicktime Movie file does not have audio when played with Windows Media Player prior to conversion, there is no audio after conversion to vob. The downloaded source file always has audio when played with Quicktime.
    Does this nail down the problem? Any suggestions?
    The reason I am converting to vob is that I am after the trailers to movies I own in which the trailer wasn't included. After conversion to vob I import to NeroVision and save them on disc. Unfortunately Nero doesn't support Quicktime mov files so I have to convert first.
    Or maybe there is another way to go about this?
    Something else I am curious about. Several trailers(Sahara, Chronicles of Riddick) I can't download because file type is HTML Document. If I get Quicktime Pro can these be downloaded? Or will the Save as a Quicktime Movie feature of Pro still be grayed out with these?

Credits
    All problems solved with Quicktime Pro.