Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Talking Barbarella gets new!!

oh hell I love dat movie with Jane Fonda, probably one of my most favourite comix movies, lol

anywayz:
    Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis says he is updating one of his classics, Barbarella. He produced the 1968 original, starring Jane Fonda.

De Laurentiis is quick to say the new film is "not a remake of 'Barbarella'" but "a completely new 'Barbarella.'" He added that the new film will have "love, sex, adventure."

De Laurentiis said that the script is being worked on now, but no one has been selected to play the title role yet.
    One my friend has came up with wonderful idea when I mentioned sex in d movie, she said - I´m sure u´d b in heaven if Scarlett would play in it.

HELL YEAH
    PLEASE, I WANT HER TO B DERE!!!!
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

j7wild Guest
    the only person I can think of for the role will be Scarlett Johansson...

I think from now on Scarlett should be in every movie that requires a beautiful actress!!

Credits
    ok, this is one of the greatest newz I´ve heard in a loooong time

Peter Webber is to direct the new Barbarella, and the word is, his onetime Girl With a Pearl Earring, Scarlett Johansson, is in talks to star. Yawn.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Oh I was skeptical with Scarlett in this, but now...

Credits
    It looks like Rose McGowan MAY be in the running for it.

http://www.mania.com/56177.html
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    Geeez, Noooo !!!! That Would Suck!!

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    I'm not sure. I kinda like her.

Credits
    well I like her too, but she just doesnt fit into this imo

j7wild Guest
    no, not her!!

too many tats!!

we need someone angelic and pure like Scarlett Johansson!!

Credits
    I heard Robert Rodriguez has a hand in this production.

Credits
    hmm..maybe somebody completly new to hollywood would be a nice idea. Rose has the looks of a slut (which i guess if you are making a movie about sex, then she should fit right in) ... Scarlet can't act her way out of a paper bad (but then again, if the movie is about sex, she should be good just laying on her back) ..... the original Barbarella was ok at best. campy even for a 60s film ... not holding my breath on this one.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    no, its not ok for this movie that she looks like a slut. fonda didnt look like that either and thats one of points of that movie - that actress must look completely innocent. and thats THE ROLE for Scarlett. Rose just doesnt fit in, thats all

Credits
    that's if the movie stays true to the original. not knowing the comic at all, im just guessing that they won't. just a guess.... when have they done that in the past (maybe with zombie's halloween ??) ...

still say they should pick someone else.

j7wild Guest
    how about her?

she looks a bit like Jane Fonda with a slight hint of Naughtyness and she has pretty nice GGs:

http://www.movie-list.com/forum/show...hlight=shooter

Credits
    DAMN THIS!
    filmick
    Dino De Laurentiis and Universal have dropped their Barbarella remake from Robert Rodriguez, and there are two reasons cited as why.

The New York Observer claim that Universal balked because Rodriguez insisted on casting McGowan in the title role. They quote a source (unnamed, of course) as saying "No one thinks Rose can carry the movie, but Robert won’t listen."

Rodriguez reportedly pins the issue on a budget dispute, and is quoted as saying "Universal had initially signed on for $60 million, but then when we were done with the script it wound up at closer to $82 million, and they had just financed a Will Ferrell movie that was a $130 million and they even cut that down to $100.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast