Thanks Thanks:  0

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    As far as I know movie will begin shooting in my country sometime next month.
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!
    [My Top 20 Movies @ YMDB] [My Bottom 20 Movies @ YMDB]

Credits

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Summary: Based on the 2nd book by CS Lewis - Troubled times have come to Narnia as it is gripped by civil war. Prince Caspian is forced to blow The Great Horn of Narnia, summoning the help of past heroes, Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy. Now they must overthrow Caspian's uncle, King Miraz, to restore peace to Narnia.

Director: TBA
    Cast: Returning (rumored)
    Writter: TBA

Release Date: May 16 , 2008

http://www.countingdown.com/movies/3795666

Credits
    I very like the first one. #2 will be cool to watch

j7wild Guest
    so are the kids grown up in this movie?

will two of the girls be 20 something hotties?

Credits
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    Threads Merged
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    so are the kids grown up in this movie?

will two of the girls be 20 something hotties?

I don't think so. It has been years since I read the books but as I remember they are only slightly older than in the first book. That is why they are using the same actors.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Credits
    Prince Caspian actually comes second in the order that your supposed to read the books, it was third in the series, but in chronological order it comes second. The first one, the magicians nephew was meant to be read later on because it's about the history of Narnia

Credits
    Filming has been taking place for the second installment of the Chronicles of Narnia series, titled PRINCE CASPIAN. They just finished shooting over at the Barrandov Studios located in Prague, Czech Republic. Here's a press release about the filming that took place...

During the month of May, a castle courtyard, complete with gate, towers and drawbridge, was constructed at Barrandov for "Prince Caspian" – the second film in the Chronicles of Narnia adventure series. An adjoining village, which is connected to the castle by a sixty-meter long bridge, is currently being completed. In order to build the one-hundred meter long and nineteen meter high castle and the village, which measures ninety meters by eighty meters in area, Barrandov's Sets Division used 670 cubic meters of lumber, consisting of planks, logs, posts, and boards in addition to 23,000 square meters of wood panels.

"We started work on the construction of the castle and village about six months ago. Every day, an average of eighty people worked on the project and an additional thirty were preparing sets in our workshops. We had to import 2,500 square meters of original stone tiles for the castle courtyard all the way from India," according to Ing. Jiri Matolin, Director of the Sets Division. "Some scenes have already been shot in the castle courtyard," he added.

In addition to wood and metal support scaffolding, 9,000 square meters of plaster imitations of stone blocks were used for constructing the house walls in the village, which cost a total of approximately 15 million Czech crowns. An entire range of sets were constructed at Barrandov for "Prince Caspian". In addition to the castle, bridge and village built on the backlot, castle interiors were also created. Stage No. 6 was the site of an enormous, decorative twelve meter high set representing a mountain cave. Stage No. 8 – the new MAX soundstage, is the site of a mountain forest, complete with waterfall and small lake.

The continuation of the narrative family saga about children in a fairytale kingdom started filming at Barrandov in April under the direction of Andrew Adamson and shooting will continue up until this August. The film's budget is expected to exceed 100 million dollars and, in addition to the Czech Republic, some scenes will be shot at locations in New Zealand, Poland, and Slovenia. This blockbuster, which is originating in the Czech Republic as a co-production between Walden Media and Walt Disney Pictures, is scheduled to premiere next May. In addition to Barrandov, other sites in the Czech Republic will be used for filming exteriors, including locations around Usti nad Labem.

"It is the largest project at Barrandov since 2004, when we hosted filming of Charles Dickens's novel "Oliver Twist" under the direction of Roman Polanski. 'Prince Caspian' will be shot at traditional Stage Nos. 6 and 7 as well as at the new Max Stage Nos. 8, 9, and 10," according to Vladimir Kuba, General Director and Chairman of the Board of Directors for Barrandov Studios. He added that, in addition to the Sets Division, the film's producers will also take advantage of the services offered by the Costumes and Props Department and the Film Laboratories.

While "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe", which is the first film in the series, was partially shot at Barrandov in 2005, the second volume of the narrative family saga of children's adventures in fairy land will originate mostly in Prague. The first movie about Narnia primarily used exterior mountain town sets. This sequel requires mostly forest settings and will understandably make the most use out of the new soundstages and the large backlot situated on the Studios' premises.

"Prince Caspian", which is the second in C. S. Lewis's seven-volume series set in the fantasy world of Narnia, takes place just one year after the events of the first film. In Narnia however, 1300 years have passed. The children, who in the first picture, moved from wartime London to the countryside and discovered the entrance to a magic world at the back of an old wardrobe, return to the land of elves and talking animals – the magic world known as Narnia. They find out that entire centuries have passed since their last visit and once again find themselves in the midst of a power struggle. Prince Caspian, whose rightful claim to the throne has been usurped, is putting an army together in order to free the country from the rule of a false king, who just happens to be his uncle. The children also take up the weapons they received as gifts during their last visit. In the end however, the future of the entire country is decided on the basis of a battle between two men.

The film features Georgie Henley (Lucy), Skandar Keynes (Edmund), William Moseley (Peter), and Anna Popplewell (Susan) in the lead roles.

Credits

Talking Can't wait

I loved the book when I was younger and the movie stayed true to the book. The best scene is towards the end where you can see all the frozen animals. It was exactly how I imagined it would be.

I'm looking foward to this movie.

Credits
    Although I liked The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe some of the film looked plastic and felt a little too sanitised. It lacked the roughness which made Lord of the Rings so good.

Although as a fan of the books (in my youth ) I enjoyed it and I'm looking foward to the next one.

Credits

Order?

I just thought about it, but do you think it will be confusing that they are going in publication order, but not chronological order? I know when I bought the box set of books, The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe was 2nd, with the Magician's Nephew being the first book of the series. I guess the information in the books isn't necessarily important, especially for movies when people might not have seen the previous movie anyways.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    First poster

Credits
    Pre-Production Art

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    More concept art:

and some pictures:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast