Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Arrow Winston Churchill - a critical view

I create this thread to share with you the next website:

Churchill, a false idol

In that page, the author exposes what he thinks about Winston Churchill, British Premier during the Second World War, based on his personal experience (he's around 80 years old) and in a lot of books and sources he consulted for this over the years.

His name is Juan Garay and he have had interest in this matter for a long time. I know him since something like 8 eight years ago. He is a lawyer and a writer, and was my boss for 5 years.

Indeed, the first version of this web was made by me some like five years ago and was hosted on tripod.com.

I hope you will find this interesting. If you want to tell something about that page, there you will find the author's e-mail. If you want to say something here, I will see if I can talk with him about what you ask.

Thank you all for your attention.

(source)

Note: You can find a PDF downloadable full version of this web at the top right of its pages.

Credits
    While I consider Churchill one of the most brilliant people of the last century I have to agree to an extent that he wasn't really that great. IMO it's simply a matter of what you consider important, in war there is no leader I'd rather have but in other matters he was questionable. Still I think he did a fine job, after all the UK isn't speaking German right now and it was damn close to doing so.

Credits

Churchill

Well, I believe the thing is not in that extreme. Taking in count the U.S. power, the thing was not to avoid the fall of England only but to destroy the Nazi enemy.

The U.S. power was a fact, evidently. When Hitler knew about the production numbers of tanks and planes and the rest weapons being made at the United States, he laughed at it. He believed that numbers were some kind of lie or something like that. But the Allies perfectly had measured his own power and not only that: they had been given big amounts of all weapons to the Soviet Union and other countries and, moreover, the Soviet Union itself was constantly requesting the opening of a second front in the west.

So, one of the critical views of this study centers in the time that have passed innecesarily until the opening of the west front from since the capacity to confront the Germans was accumulated, time that was being used by the enemy.

By the way, I can't open that page now, I don't know why. So, if someone wants this, here is a link to the PDF full version of the page:

Churchill, a false idol (PDF)

Thank you all for your attention.

Edit: the site is now available online again.
    Last edited by jmcc; 03-23-2006 at 02:32 PM.