Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

From the makers of Scary Movie - "Superhero!"

From Scifiwire

Director David Zucker told SCI FI Wire that he is working with Scary Movie 4 co-writer Craig Mazin on a superhero spoof film, Superhero!, which will not only poke fun at the conventions of the comic-book hero, but also continue the very rigid rules of spoof he has set up for his series of funny films. "We've got two sets of rules we're following," Zucker said with a laugh. "It's not easy. There's a vast body of work with superhero movies, and Mazin and I compiled a list of a dozen or so characteristics of all these movies."

For one thing, a superhero can't tell his love interest his real identity, Zucker said. "They can never reveal who he is, and so you have a bunch of these cliches in a genre of people where they share enough characteristics they can be in this superhero world," he said.

The trick is to adhere to what Mazin called "the bible of movie spoofs," which Zucker put together after making Airplane!, Top Secret! and the Naked Gun movies. The 15 rules include not referring to a film that's too obscure, avoiding dated references and avoiding building any of the plot's key points into a joke. As for the superhero spoof film, it won't feature a bizarre one-joke super power and won't refer to any existing superheroes. "We'll make up our own guy with our own super powers," Zucker said. "It will be an original thing, but people will be comfortable in that superhero world. It can't be a joke power, because you can't sustain it. We have a lot of rules you have to follow. If it's a joke power, it's a joke one time and can't continue to be funny. These will have to be real powers. I love the fact that Spider-Man got bitten by something and that gave him super powers. We're watching every movie that came out, and it's a genre that's ripe. Look at all the similarities in ... X-Men, Batman, Fantastic Four, Superman. All of them have common stories. I think there's something funny there, too."

Superhero! is planned for release in 2007 by Dimension Films, which distributed the Scary Movie franchise.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    Oh, i guess everybody wanna make something SUPER (not the movie, but the hero)...Lets wait, maybe it'll work out

Credits
    Even if it doesn't work out perfectly I'm sure it will raise a chuckle or 2 and who knows maybe even 20 or dare I say 25 ?

Credits
    Interesting, well they were on a roll with scary movie, will superhero be directed by david zucker, the director from scary movie 4? If so i'll check it out, that guy is one of the kings of classic spoof movies, scary movie 4 had alot of throwback kind of comedy moments that reminded me of airplane!, naked gun...etc

Maybe they'll make more mention of this movie on the scary movie 4 dvd, a trailer would be cool.