Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Battlestar Galactica -- Season 4

Recently I've "re-discovered" Battlestar Galactica in it's fourth season. I've watched in only a few times in the past three years. I thought it was boring in parts and I hated the character of Baltar (thought he was grating).

well, Baltar is still annoying, but I've have been duly impressed by the rest of it! I would reccomend this a great deal, and you need very little primer to understand what's going on -- basically the first 30 sec of each episode.

Highly reccomended so far! I especially love the recurring theme of the nature of the "identity". What do you define your life as, and can you change who you are?

Check it out!: http://www.scifi.com/battlestar
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    Ive been watching it since day 1.

Miniseries and season 1 I thought was amazing, I loved it. The next episode could never come fast enough.

Season 2 was good, but I never looked forward for the next episode. But when i watched them they were good.

In season 3 they started to lose me. It was still better then most other things on tv. And i would'nt miss an episode. But it felt like its best days were behind them.

But now in season 4 it seems that they have gotten it on the right way again. Its still not back to season 1 standard, but it again feel like the show is going somewhere. That it got a purpose again, and not just going on for the sake of going on (like most shows).

And btw, the tv-movie Razor, aired between season 3 and 4 is Really good.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    I haven't been watching since day 1, but from season 1. My friend let me borrow the miniseries on DVD then SciFi did a marathon to catch views up about halfway throught he first season. I made sure to catch it and now I've been hooked.

The only time I haven't watched it on premiere night since was while deployed to Iraq.

Credits
    I really loved BSG for its "surviving in space with a fleet of robots on our tail" theme and always thought it was a shame that it went the way of Lost and started getting too much into the characters. I feel like it went from action and suspense to a psychological mystery.

I thought the first season was absolutely stellar and that what they did with the Pegasus was one of the best moments in recent television history. I hope the remainder of this season gets a little of that back.

I liked Lee a lot better as a pilot. Starbuck when she was sane. Admiral Adama when he wasn't a presidential pawn. Baltar when he didn't have much to say. And Six when she was deadly and not imprisoned.

Credits
    I was disappointed with what happened to the rebel Cylons on the basestar, but the 4 skin-jobs sneaking around are making things interesting.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by wirm View Post
    I was disappointed with what happened to the rebel Cylons on the basestar, but the 4 skin-jobs sneaking around are making things interesting.
    I'm actually anxious to see them revisit this issue. I don't think they'll all be killed.

Credits
    Wow!

The last episode "Guess What's Coming to Dinner" was amazing! A nice character is no more -- and a beautiful song written for one of the characters (the actor actually sang it):

***SPOILER WARNING***

Credits
    wait a sec, is this scene from that "Dinner" episode? ... I´m afraid I missed it! DAMN!
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    ok, just finished it ... holy cow, loved it. but hey, whyt did u mean by "nice character gone"? ...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by st39.6 View Post
    ok, just finished it ... holy cow, loved it. but hey, whyt did u mean by "nice character gone"? ...
    I was shocked that the 6 model "Natalie" was shot at the end. She seemed like she was on the verge of redeeming herself

Credits
    yeah, well .... but there´s still like tons of her copies, isnt there? ....

Credits
    There are copies of the #6 models, but they are all 'finding' their own personality.

Credits
    Big ships are back and Galactica is finally doing some turns instead of the constant boring flying forward that it's been doing for god knows how long now. Can someone please kill Baltar soon, jeez.

Credits
    Two great episodes over the past few weeks...

Sina Qua Non -- A unexpected turn of events for a major character. I love also the character of Romo Lampkin

The Hub -- AMAZING music!!!

(I'll have to wait till next week to watch the mid-season finale!!! )
    Last edited by Granite; 06-15-2008 at 12:56 AM.

Credits
    yaaay, mid-season finale was really great
    two questions now remain - who´s the fifth and what the hell happened on earth?

my opinion - on earth has happened exactly the same as on caprica, just from the second end. so we created cylons, they nuked us, we ran away to caprica and there it happened again. but the earth that awaits us is pretty much in same state as caprica ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast