Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

J.J. Abrams & Star Trek

Source: Dark Horizons

J.J. Abrams will produce and direct the eleventh "Star Trek" feature, aiming for a 2008 release.

The project, to be penned by Abrams and "Alias"/M:I-III scribes Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, looks like it'll be a prequel of the franchise with the story set in the early days of original series characters James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock - including their first meeting at Starfleet Academy and first outer space mission.

Credits
    My idol and now i want his babies
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

j7wild Guest
    James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock not played by William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy just doesn't feel right;

it's like the upcoming Miami Vice with Sonny Burnett and Ricardo Tubbs not played by Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas...

...it's just too weird!!

Credits
    while I have to say I am addicted to Abrams his stuff gets a bit too "conspiracy/world apocalypse" too fast. Alias was completely fine before the whole chosen one prophecy artifcat crap, why couldn't the show just be about the CIA? Same with Lost, they're pretty much in the Matrix by now aren't day?

Who;s gonna be cast for this?

For Kirk I nominate Ah-nold Governator and for Spock I'd go with Rob Schneider lol

Credits
    Just to note (as the source of the first post was Dark Horizons - aka rumor city)...

From Yahoo!

{J.J.} Abrams has committed to produce the 11th "Star Trek" feature film and there are plans for him to direct as well, Paramount Pictures announced Friday.

Abrams also will write the script with his "Mission: Impossible III" co-writers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, Paramount spokeswoman Nancy Kirkpatrick said....

The studio is hoping to release the "Star Trek" film in 2008.

No plot for the movie has been nailed down and no one has been cast for the film....

Abrams created the hit ABC series "Lost" and Paramount hopes that "Lost" producers Damon Lindelof and Bryan Burk will produce the movie, Kirkpatrick said.

William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy portrayed Kirk and Spock in the original "Star Trek"..."...have not yet been approached," Kirkpatrick said.

Shatner, 75, currently stars in the hit series "Boston Legal" and won an Emmy for his role as an egotistical attorney.

"Star Trek" movies have grossed more than $1 billion but the last one, "Star Trek: Nemesis," four years ago did relatively weak box office and got tepid reviews, while the last TV incarnation, "Star Trek: Enterprise," was a flop and was canceled last year.

With the new movie, "we certainly are hoping to bring 'Star Trek' back to its former glory," Kirkpatrick said.

A story about the revival plan first appeared in the trade paper Daily Variety.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    while I have to say I am addicted to Abrams his stuff gets a bit too "conspiracy/world apocalypse" too fast. Alias was completely fine before the whole chosen one prophecy artifcat crap, why couldn't the show just be about the CIA? Same with Lost, they're pretty much in the Matrix by now aren't day?
    Have you seen Spooks? Its a British show that deals with just issue that MI5 and MI6 do with to protect the country. Fully realistic and no extraordinary drama plots as you mentioned you didn't like

Credits
    I'll try to check it out, thanks for the tip, while there's many sci-fi or supernatural movies I enjoy I tend to like realistic movies much better, based on true story movies always get to me.

Credits
    From Scifiwire:

Longtime Star Trek writer and producer Rick Berman, who joined the franchise at the feet of creator Gene Roddenberry, will not be involved in the proposed 11th Trek film, to be directed by Mission: Impossible III helmer J.J. Abrams, SCI FI Wire has learned.

A Paramount spokesperson confirmed that Berman—who started with Trek under Roddenberry in 1987 as a writer and producer on TV's Star Trek: The Next Generation—would not take part in Abrams' film. "J.J. is also a producer, and Rick Berman is not involved in any way," the representative confirmed over the weekend.

It will mark the first time that a Trek project has not had Berman's creative input in more than 18 years. Berman produced and co-wrote the last four films and co-created the TV series Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine; he also wrote, contributed story ideas to or produced all Trek incarnations since the original series. Berman's last film, Star Trek: Nemesis, tanked at the box office, and Berman's last series, Enterprise, was canceled by UPN after only four seasons because of poor ratings.