Thanks Thanks:  0
    Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits

"The Da Vinci Code" score by Hans Zimmer

I know, you didn't belive me, but 2 days before world premiere, I'm finishing listening "The Da Vinci Code" score by Hans Zimmer. And it's... I'm close to say - BEST ZIMMER EVER!!! (I know his work very well).

Anyone who will have this soundtrack will fall in love with "Chevaliers de Sangreal" or "Kyrie for the Magdalene" tracks. I see, that Hans has choose ideal path of evolution as the composer. This is better than "Thin Red Line" (I can't belive, that I'm writing this words), better than "Batman Begins" and far, far, far ahead from "Gladiator".

"Da Vinci Code" is by now the best score of 2006! And it could be the best part of the movie...

Credits
    I'm a big score fan myself and I've been listening to Hans Zimmer since 1994. To me Gladiator is his best followed closely by the not so well known "Broken Arrow". I haven't listened to "The Da Vinci Code" but it has to be very good (the overall score, not just a few tracks) to top those.
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    It hard to belive... even for me, who saw many and heard many...

British organization (BBFC) granting movies of aged categories, has demanded from producers of "The Da Vinci Code", to they have changed soundtrack composed by Hans Zimmer, otherwise movie would be available for spectators 15 years over. One of members BBFC has said, that "they were for this score full of admiration exhaustiveness, but BBFC has recognized, that score builds manner be to that for very small children excessive tense". Producers of movies have introduced changes, and they have gotten "12" aged category.
    Till now, similar organizations demanded changes only in movie, drop of aged claim enabled that. Probably, there is first case "censure" music film.

PS. Sorry for translation (me and translator)

Credits
    I love Zimmer. My desire to see the film just went up a little (it's not too high on my list, but I might see it).
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    My favorite score of his is definately CRIMSON TIDE, it's true that it's short and repetitive but "Roll Tide" is by FAR my favorite out of all his music.

Credits
    What about Backdraft and A League of Their Own? What about some of Hannibal?

I got ahold of Da Vinci Code score too... It's pretty cool... some really good choir work.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir01
    Anyone who will have this soundtrack will fall in love with "Kyrie for the Magdalene"
    You were right, a beautiful track... very good soundtrack but I still think Gladiator was his best

Credits
    "Roll tide" is indeed amazing, but what about the rest of the soundtrack? The rest isn't as interesting as that last track. The soundtrack is actually rather dull outside of track 5: Roll tide.
    Anyway I'm very curious about the score for The da vinci code.

Credits
    Crimson Tide is in first five best Zimmer scores according to his fans.

Credits
    I´m a huge fan of all kind of scores. But I do not agree with you, that this score is the best ever of all his work yet. There is only one track that really delivers something, and that track truely is "Chevaliers de Sangreal".
    Now be honest, the rest is not outstanding.
    Maybe the other tracks fit very well to the screen, but without the image in your head, they are so la la.

I also like some tracks of the mi:ii score, which PERFECTLY fit to the scenes where they were used at. Same goes for Gladiator.
    Sure a great theme is always nice, but I have pictures in my head when I listen to a certain track.
    I grew up with Days of thunder, so his work on that will always be in my head.

I think you have to judge scores by the effect it has on you by just listening to it or when used in the actual movie. Because, for example Project Peacemaker, the score does not fit at all to the screen, its way to overpowered compared to the shown picture. But the music itself is strong and has a great theme.

ahh I better stop, I just love scores so much

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir01
    Crimson Tide is in first five best Zimmer scores according to his fans.
    Can I have a source for that?

Credits
    I'll try do find it.