Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: E3 2006

Credits

E3 2006

From Cinescape.com

A lot of news came out last night from E3 regarding various games. Deep breath. Here we go!

Final Fantasy XIII

Square Enix officially announced Final Fantasy XIII for the PlayStation 3 at E3 last night.

A trailer of the game was shown involving a female character who soared around a city. The game is being created by those responsible for Final Fantasy X

The game was begun by the FFX team for the PS2 console, then derailed. Development was then shifted to the new platform. The game will run on the "white engine", an an all-new exclusive next-gen engine built specifically for Square Enix's games. It will apparently feature the most technologically advanced civilization EVER for a Final Fantasy game.

All that was revealed about the storyline is that it plans to center around those who resist the world. Yeah, I have no idea either.

The game will be exclusive to PS3.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Also revealed was Final Fantasy Versus XIII, the sequel to Final Fantasy XIII. Yeah, the crazy people at Square Enix announced a game AND its sequel on the same day!

The game will be released for the PS3 and will feature extreme action elements. Apparently "bonding" will be the primary focus of the game.

Dragon Quest RPG

Dragon Quest, the long-running Japanese RPG series, is coming to the Nintendo Wii. Square Eniz announced the game at it's press conference last night.

The game will be titled Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen at the Tower of Mirrors. Quite a mouthful. The game will be available when Nintendo's system launches.

Gran Turismo HD

The game has been optimized for HD resolution and is supposed to run at THREE TIMES the detail of regular HD broadcasts and 12 times the detail of Gran Turismo Four.

Some levels that were shown at E3 included a Tokyo level and a Grand Canyon level. Some vehicles were also shown.

While the game won't release with PS3's Launch, it should release soon after. The game will be online play compatible.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Wii

Square Enix announced the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS version of the RPG, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.

The game will be called Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles -- Crystal Bearers. A trailer was shown, but was entirely pre-rendered, and showed no real game play.

Metal Gear Solid 4

A trailer for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots showed up at Sony's E3 press conference.

The trailer focused on the unveiling of new characters. Every character featured in the trailer has undergone costume changes but remain mostly the same ages, except for Snake.

Gamespot has a good writeup of the trailer if you are interested.

Those are just a select few of the titles discussed. Expect a TON more details in the coming days as the convention continues.

It is also interesting to note that Square Enix mentioned no titles for Xbox 360. Every other platform had games from Square Enix except Xbox 360.
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    I would really like it if Square would release some more Final Fantasy games for the PC. As far as I'm aware, it stopped at FF8.

I know my crappy computer probably couldn't run the newer games, but at least I could hope to upgrade to it.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.