Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Credits
    I can do without Spielberg. As long as it isn't Lucas. Joe Johnston would be fine, he did fine with JP3. After all, that movie was brought down by the brutal script, not the direction, which was actually half-decent.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits

Indy 4, July 4, 2005...NOT!!

From darkhorizons.com:
    Just when things seemed to be going forward, they've come to a halt. Variety reports that the fourth "Indiana Jones" pic is on hold as a new script draft has been commissioned.

Frank Darabont had been brought in to script a concept the trio (Spielberg, Ford and Lucas) liked and earlier this week it was reported the work was complete, but sources close to the production said Producer George Lucas was unhappy with the draft. So now another screenwriter has been brought in to hone Darabont's script.

Spielberg had no comment on his plans, but with the time now required and the small availability window for the trio to work together - it is now looking like a 2005 production start at the earliest for release in 2006.

Meanwhile a supposed Paramount insider sent in the following scoop to DH a few hours before the trade report broke which could reveal some of the reasoning behind why Lucas didn't like it: "Darabont has been ordered to rewrite it, one of the elements he apparently didn't go for was a sub-plot involving Indy's brother. The brother is still going to be in it, but not as much a focus as in the current script. There needs to be more dimension to the character as well. Apparently Kevin Costner has talked to Spielberg too - but I don't know if he's in it".
    What a bummer. I was really looking forward to this movie. (Raiders is one of the greatest movies ever!) Plus I really like Darabont's scripts (Shawshank, Green Mile) and was hoping he'd make this Indy one as good as the last one.

The Costner thing surprised me since I thought Kevin said he'd never do a sequel.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits

Credits
    Harrison Ford doesn't stay young forever, you know...
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    George Lucas is a schmuck... he's tainting everything in his wake these days... these are dark days indeed...

Credits
    Hell, Lucas tainted stuff in the past as well. He's a great producer, and an awesome director of action... but he should never be allowed close to a script or a live actor... ever. He was responsible for Temple of Doom.

Credits
    Originally posted by blugh
    Hell, Lucas tainted stuff in the past as well. He's a great producer, and an awesome director of action... but he should never be allowed close to a script or a live actor... ever. He was responsible for Temple of Doom.
    LOL

It's funny 'cause it's true

Credits
    Originally posted by blugh

? Temple of Doom is my favourite episode of the saga

Credits
    ToD isn't neccesarily a bad movie, but it's way, WAY too dark for what an Indy movie is supposed to be.

Credits
    Originally posted by Borgtex
    ? Temple of Doom is my favourite episode of the saga
    yeah temple of doom is the most fun of the three imo.

but indy's brother, that sounds pretty lame to me.

Credits
    I loved Raiders And I loved Connery in Crusade and I have no problem with Doom. The only problem I have is Lucas, I truely ruined Star Wars for me, and for that I hate him. Operation Egg King Geek commence!
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    I used to hate Lucas for Episode 1 & 2, but recently saw my 8-year-old nephew playing Star Wars just like I did when I was his age. This made me realize that I loved movies with pretty bad dialog and acting too (God, does Mark Hamill suck in Jedi) and it didn't matter to me. Maybe Lucas hasn't lowered the bar for SW films. Maybe we've raised the bar as we got older.

Indy is another story. Every one of those movies is solid. (Doom is dark and a little different, but still good.) Lucas will have to ruin Indy 4 before I start truly hating him.

Until then, I'll continue just not respecting him

Credits
    RUMOR REPORT: Indy 4 Moved to 2006
    Thu, Feb 19, 04 01:34:50 AM EST

We've been crushed recently at the rumors that George didn't like the script for Indiana Jones 4, so when we heard some rumblings on the current state of the project we wanted to get them into your hands as quickly as possible. Apparently the film is not dead as many have feared, though being stalled is a fair description. Here's what we're hearing, consider it rumor for now:
    - The 4th Indiana Jones was indeed stalled because of problems with the script. From what we gather the script didn't satisfy the "3 principals." From what we can tell, Lucas is taking the hit for this despite the fact that those in the know making no mention of Lucas specifically as the source of the problem.
    - We believe that Paramount has pushed the release date back a year, from July 4th weekend 2005 to 4th of July 2006. There is still "every reason to believe" the film will get made, despite the growing concern for ages.

- To fill the gap that moving Indy IV to 2006 created, the studio has green-lit a remake of "The Longest Yard" staring Adam Sandler and Chris Rock with a target release of Memorial Day 2005 (and also direct Star wars III competition, noted).

Sounds great, we're just releaved to hear it is still in the works. Now, if we could just get our hands on that problematic script ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not always lucas fault!

Credits
    Originally posted by enkydu
    I used to hate Lucas for Episode 1 & 2, but recently saw my 8-year-old nephew playing Star Wars just like I did when I was his age. This made me realize that I loved movies with pretty bad dialog and acting too (God, does Mark Hamill suck in Jedi) and it didn't matter to me. Maybe Lucas hasn't lowered the bar for SW films. Maybe we've raised the bar as we got older.
    Truer words haven't been spoken before. That is exactly right. It took me some time to realise that episode 1 & 2 are actually quite good placed into the timeline.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    Truer words haven't been spoken before. That is exactly right. It took me some time to realise that episode 1 & 2 are actually quite good placed into the timeline.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast