Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

ZUBi, former active member died yesterday

I don't know how many of you did know ZUBi, but he was pretty active member of this forum (but not recently). I know some of you did.

After about 30 years struggle with cancer he died yesterday (he was almost 35, with his birthday on 22nd this month)

ZUBi's Movie-List Profile

MOD EDIT: added picture. Image from http://www.rockonnet.com
    Last edited by editman; 06-18-2006 at 05:23 PM.
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!
    [My Top 20 Movies @ YMDB] [My Bottom 20 Movies @ YMDB]

Credits
    I don't know what to say... really don't... this is a big shock for me... I knew him pretty well, as well as you can know somebody over the internet... I can't believe this...

Credits
    Neither can I.
    My condolences to his family and friends, I'm also shocked by this very, very sad news. He will be missed and remembered.
    Rest in peace and thank you for letting us walk some of your way along with you.

VSG

Credits
    I wish this was a sick joke. I REALLY do.

An active member is an understatement. ZUBi was one of the earliest members of this Forum who were still active in the recent days. His last message was posted eight days ago.

For those who are too new to know, he was my predecessor as a Forum moderator.

I'm just overwhelmed right now, I can't think of intelligent things to say.

May you find peace and comfort, which you longed for during your short life, in the other world, ZUBi. I hope we'll meet there one day.

Thank BuDi for breaking the news.

@JPB: perhaps ZUBi's user title should now say "'Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)". Other members could have done so with vbPlaza but then 'Valued Longtime Member' has to be cut short.
    Last edited by editman; 06-18-2006 at 05:31 PM.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    I can't belive... R.I.P. ZUBi

Credits
    Is this confirmable? I dont mean to be rude or anything, but this is the internet after all.
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkmanSIX
    Is this confirmable? I dont mean to be rude or anything, but this is the internet after all.
    well this isnt really strong.. but i havent seen him log onto msn for the past few days! which did strike me as odd..

i really am shocked from hearing this news.. i havent really every had to deal with a death of a friend. This is just extremely sad!

ZUBi was a very good friend to me over the internet, he would always answer my tedious questions over msn with ease and in the most friendliest manner!! theres alot of things i learnt from him in that sense...

i just find this to shocking to believe and thats kind of why i have no idea what else to say...

R.I.P

Credits
    Oh man... I had such a respect for him. We will miss you. Sincere condolences to his family and friends...

Credits
    What?!?!? I trully hope this is a joke to. ZUBi and i had our differences but...man... i don't know what to say

R.I.P. Sebastjan..............

Credits
    Besides his love for the movies (he saw about 25-30 movies a month) he was also great music lover... he saw few dozen concerts every year despide his illnes... in recent time he could go to the concert abroad even with his tube-feeding device (he could not speak and could not eat becous of throat problems). One of the biggest music related portals and forums in Slovenia called RockOnNet made a dedication on their front page (with photos):

http://www.rockonnet.com/clanek.php?id=2&article=5194

list of concert he saw in last ~20 years: http://freeweb.siol.net/zubi/ZUBi_koncerti.txt

He planed to go to al least 5 more concerts in near future and he allready had tickets for Depeche Mode & Placebo concert in Ljubljana for the 14th this month.. it is said that he was already in coma that day (he went to the hospital two days earlier for a 'routine' check why his throat wound from his last operation suddenly opened)

j7wild Guest
    Is this a joke?

He just posted recently in my AVP 2 Begins Production thread saying he was looking forward to it!!

We will dedicate AVP 2 to you ZUBi!!

God Bless Your Soul and Keep You Safe Up There In Heaven !!

R. I. P. My Friend even if I haven't known you that long !!

MOD EDIT: slight adjustment - he prefer his user name to be spelled out as 'ZUBi' (instead of 'Zubi').
    Last edited by editman; 06-18-2006 at 05:18 PM.

Credits
    Hmm.. If it is true, then he will be missed.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    I remember his signature... "ZUBi says: Ridley, I want my b**ch back!". I know, he's watching now Alien 5 in heaven...

Credits
    To say I'm shocked is an understatement. He will be missed by this community.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Rest in peace.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    as Editman said, ZUBi wasn't just a (active) member. He was old on these pages even back when I got here.

I think I can best sum up what he was to me, like this. When i think Movie-List members, I always think JP & ZUBi first. He'll always be a big part of Movie-List for me.

You'll be missed!
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast