Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Credits
    Rest In Peace ZUBi...

MOD EDIT: slight adjustment - he prefer his user name to be spelled out as 'ZUBi' (instead of 'Zubi').
    Last edited by editman; 09-12-2006 at 11:17 PM.

Credits
    My condolences to family. Rest in Peace, ZUBi.

Credits
    I have been off line for so long, and I log back in tonight to find this terrible news. I have been battling cancer myself for this past year, and Zubi has been such a support.. giving me such hope and strength. He checked on me weekly, never letting me know how badly things were going for himself. We had a deal never to talk about Bush (I am a Texan, you know), but he did enjoy getting the Texas mug that I sent. We talked so often about everything except the forbidden politics .. from our shared disease, to my travels with my mom, to his sharing beautiful pictures of his town and country. We have a trip planned to his part of the world next year, and I was so hoping to get to meet him in person. This is just so sad.

From the beginning of my membership in the forum, he was always there with help, with software, with encouragement. You have friends all over the world. How many can say that? You were my friend, and I will always treasure that. God bless you Sebastjan Zupan
    Deep In The Heart Of Texas!
    My Movie Collection

Credits
    damn..... we would trade some pretty harsh words over PM sometimes, but he was always helpful with software/tech tips. well, at least he was around for the 'new' tool album and then end of the star wars saga. cancer sucks.

Credits
    About 350 people came to the funeral, maybe more... even if his home town is very small (few thousand citizens) and it is not so near major cities.

Very large portion of people that were present at the funural never met him in person when he was alive.
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!
    [My Top 20 Movies @ YMDB] [My Bottom 20 Movies @ YMDB]

Credits
    My condolences to family and friends. RIP ZUBi!

MOD EDIT: slight adjustment - he prefer his user name to be spelled out as 'ZUBi' (instead of 'Zubi').
    Last edited by editman; 09-12-2006 at 11:16 PM.

Credits
    I am really shocked to learn of this and to learn so late, I was offline completely for days around the time and tried to play catch up but have only just seen this [Has it just been made a sticky or have I been blind?]

While only becoming a forum member a little over 2 years ago, I have been a forum browser since 2000 and have read several of ZUBi's posts since that time and felt I knew him and respected him for his humour, knowledge and taste and fighting spirit [but had no idea of his cancer and the absolute courage ZUBi would have required].

Rest in Peace ZUBi. I would say you have EARNED a good rest.
    Last edited by oldfart52; 07-03-2006 at 09:15 PM.
    "Heart and humour and humility will lighten your heavy load"
    Joni Mitchell

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by oldfart52
    [Has it just been made a sticky or have I been blind?]
    For the record, this thread has been made a sticky since BuDi broke the news on that fateful Sunday. It's been bolded, italicised and blackened out for 3 weeks now (just to catch eveyone's attention).

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Thanks editman.

That answers that. Time to see an optician then. Damn.

Cancer sux

Credits
    Very shocked and depressed to hear that Zubi is gone. He was a good guy, the first to welcome me on this forum years ago. Very very sad news indeed.

You'll be missed!

Credits
    I was just noticing ZUBi's vbpoints were not in the "bank". Could some place them in the "bank" so ZUBi will eternally only get richer...
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    Great idea. Done.

Credits
    Oh man, that's huge. My condolences to his family. RIP ZUBi.

Credits
    nothing more to say.....

R.I.P ZUBi

we will miss you.....

Credits
    I recently noticed that ZUBi´s signature (well part of it) is gone. Dont know if its coz the hosting is offline, or is it because of new M-L V-B code, however I think it should b put back (the picture). It was offensive, put definitely BIG part of his personality, thought....

(if nobody of admins has it, PM me, I do)
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast