Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Thumbs up Attack of the Clones on IMAX

Size Matters Not -- Except on an IMAX Screen

This holiday season, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones will be bigger than ever. Lucasfilm Ltd., The IMAX Corporation and Twentieth Century Fox have announced that Episode II will be coming to IMAX theaters in the United States and Canada starting November 1, 2002.

This is not just the projection of the standard theatrical print on an IMAX screen -- the movie will undergo the revolutionary IMAX DMR (Digital Re-mastering) process, which enhances the quality of the image and soundtrack to the huge IMAX 15/70 format. This marks the first time IMAX DMR has been used to re-master a film that was digitally captured and created.

"Star Wars: Episode II The IMAX Experience will provide an entirely new way to experience the Star Wars universe," says Jim Ward, Vice President of Marketing for Lucasfilm. "For the first time, fans of Star Wars will be able to see all their favorite characters, environments, vehicles and droids in a setting that is up to eight stories high and over a hundred feet wide."

"The combination of Lucasfilm's innovative digital technology and the revolutionary, proprietary IMAX DMR technology will deliver the clear, crisp and sharp images and sound that IMAX theater-goers have grown to expect," says Richard L. Gelfond and Bradley J. Wechsler, Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOs for IMAX Corporation.

"You can't find a movie better suited for the IMAX format," adds Bruce Snyder, President, Domestic Distribution, Fox. "We are thrilled to bring this giant of a film to the giant IMAX screen."

Keep checking starwars.com in the coming weeks for more information about the IMAX release of Episode II.

wow a 8 story high Padmé...Mmmmm can't wait to see this!!

:bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday:
    Last edited by Jedi Master; 09-09-2002 at 07:45 PM.

Credits

Cool

:big grin:

(insert drool here)

:big grin:
    When you got 'em by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.

Credits
    Wow thats cool! :bday:

But the bad part is the only IMAX here in Hawaii is on another island from mine. But i go to that island frequently so i will prob see it.

Thanks for the info!

Credits
    YAY!! i love imax! :big grin:
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits

Talking

WOW.....thats awesome!!
    "Ohana means Family. Family means no one gets left behind. Or Forgotten." ~ Lilo and Stitch

Credits

Cool

I'm not really impressed. Here in montreal, everytime a big picture comes out, famous players also plays it on an IMAX screen with an enhanced 70mm film strip. Attack of the Clones was one of them.

Credits
    I doubt It'll come to Ottawa. The only IMAX we have is in a museum.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits

Exclamation Star Wars cut to conform to IMAX!

The IMAX version of Star Wars: Episode II—Attack of the Clones will be 23 minutes shorter than the original theatrical release to fit the 120-minute capability of most IMAX platter systems, the Jordan's IMAX Web site reported. A Lucasfilm spokesperson told the site that the editing will "maintain the integrity" of the story.
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/news_brief.html
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar