Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ghostbusters 3

j7wild Guest
    I guess we will never get a Ghostbusters 3 especially now with Ramis gone and Bill Murray off the deep end.

So Hollywood is going to reboot it with an all female cast including loud mouth obnoxious Melissa McCarthy and just to be politically correct and to attract a more diverse audience, have a token Black actress.

2 of the actresses in the quartet are Saturday Night Live actresses which means they have very little big screen big budget film acting experience which is not a good sign.

You might as well hand out blindfolds for the firing squad right now before the movie is even made!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...rs-cast-767610

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/27/en...ster-cast-thr/

Credits
    How did Leslie Jones get picked to be in this movie? She's only a featured member on SNL and really only does one thing (not to sound racist here, but she is always the "loud crazy black woman").

The only person in the new cast that I'm excited for is Kate McKinnon. If you're going to pick people from SNL, pick people like her and Cecily Strong and even Sasheer Zamata.

As for Kristen Wiig, she doesn't do much for me now. She also kind of does the same two characters over and over it seems. But that's nothing compared to Melissa McArthy. She seems to be a one trick pony at this point. And it works! But I don't think it'll work for a Ghostbusters movie.

But we'll see... One of the things that made the other two movies work was the attention to detail. Even though they're comedies, there's a lot of science that went behind everything. Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis really put a lot of thought behind the scientific aspects of things and design of everything. I just don't know if they're going to do that this time around.

j7wild Guest
    ClaytonMG and I agree on something for once.

Credits
    Any word on the lady Ghostbusters movie?

j7wild Guest
    If those movie studio executives had any brains about what the audience wants in an all female Ghostbusters and what really sell movie tickets, they should had gone with these uniforms:

j7wild Guest
    Only 13 minutes into the movie and they already have a fart joke, a peed in your pants joke and a poop joke.

I don't remember the original Ghostbusters being scripted in such juvenile manner and containing toilet humor.

So far this feels like a script for a bad Adam Sandler movie.

j7wild Guest
    The special effects do have improved:

Credits

Just to clarify for some not familiar with the franchise, it's not really Ghostbusters 3, ie.. a sequel or continuation of the storyline.

it's simply a re-imagining of the original with an all female cast, regardless the studio has given up plans for any sequels in theatrical form on this franchise.

Ghostbusters 3 is pretty much a dead idea, and I can't disagree with this decision.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

j7wild Guest
    What is Chris Helmsworth doing in here?

Did he spent all the $ he earned from the Thor and Avengers films and he needed a paycheck to cover his stop gap budget until his next Thor movie next year.

Oh and now we have the stereotypical token female black character so black folks won't complain that this movie is too white.

j7wild Guest
    Okay... they couldn't make a 3rd Ghostbusters film with the original cast and character because Bill Murray kept backing out of it and then Harold Ramis passed away, R.I.P.

Well, guess who is in this farce in a different role?

Bill Murray!

He should be ashamed to even show his face in here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123