Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Post Sign the petition to outlaw OPEC

America defended Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. The result? $70+ oil.
    The U.S. law prohibits price-fixing. OPEC manipulated the oil price, driving it to 50 times above the cost oil extraction cost. Oil is more profitable than heroin.
    The OPEC members use oil proceeds to fund religious fundamentalists who incite against America.
    We prosecute foreign drug cartels which violate the U.S. law without entering the country. We can similarly do away with the OPEC
    Stop the oil racket! Sign the petition to outlaw OPEC at www.petitiononline.com/opec

Another public initiative by www.SamsonBlinded.info. Google banned the site’s advertising and Amazon deleted all reviews

Credits
    Thread Moved
    Will allow this to an extent. Discuss nice
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    If we outlaw OPEC, where should we get our oil than, the world reserves outside of opec (for example Venezuela, US, canada) are not large enough to support the world. The price would skyrocket even more because we would depend on smaller oil reserves for a higher demand.
    From an economist point of view this is the most stupiest idea ever.
    Last edited by Jax; 07-07-2006 at 08:23 AM.
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Credits

O P E C

It would be easier and more intelligent if you look for another energy source, like fusion reactors.

Oil producers will not put prices depending on what you do or not, anyway, at least Kuwait (and I suspect Saudi Arabia also) paid a big amount of money to help cover the cost of the operations against Irak. If I am not wrong, they paid at least 5,000,000,000 US$ for that.

Another thing: is their oil, not your oil. This does not mean that they can rob you, of course, but simply try to notice that.

And about drugs, it is a problem mainly originated from developed countries. The dealers produce here to sell to "someone" there, tons and tons of drugs. I want to repeat it: tons and tons of drugs. Every year hundreds and maybe thousands of people are killed by persons that can kill thanks to the money they have from drugs and weapons traffic. And also, mysteriously, some countries are being very permissive every time with dangerous matters like drugs and other things. So if you want to outlaw OPEC, what we will do with those permissive countries? Do you know which Law they are breaking?

I believe that the threat represented by drugs is more dangerous than oil. If you started to think about new energy sources from decades ago, when some experts were saying that the end of oil era was at sight, maybe now you would be worrying about another problems.

But it seems that no one wanted to think on that. It was US President who said that "Americans are addict to oil". Remember that.

Lets see where all this will end.

Credits
    it will never happen. the biggest proponent of the oil companies is in the white house as i type this. why do you think they didn't find any "price gauging" by the oil companies earlier this year ??

the only way oil will ever go back down is when Shrub is out of the office. and then, people will be so used to paying thru the friggin nose for it, that i doubt it will then.....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Price of oil is determined on the NY Mercantile Exchange, the only people who can make oil cheaper is NYMEX traders. Evidently they do not feel that we have enough and that's why the price is going up.

If Bush was the problem then you'd see future oil contracts sell at lower prices (assuming that things would improve) but they aren't. Oil is simply a finite commodity and they are always rising in price. If something as stupid as gold, with absolutely NO use trades for 500-750 dollars an ounce, what kind of price do you expect from the blood of the world?

Gasoline is nowhere near what it is in other places in the world and I'd argue OPEC needs us a hell of a lot more than we need them. Oil being the only export of many of those countries and add to that the fact that they never bothered to keep some kind of reserve money from all the profit and you have a very dangerous situation there.